Thread: B.rad

Name
    Brad
    State
    Sa
    Country
    Australia

Default B.rad

Hi guys, i have a problem gearbox, damaged gears causing drive line to lock up. The box is very similar to previous post of a k50 but has different bolt up to motor, the motor is a 4a 1600 in a Datsun. Confirmation of gearbox would help source another one or parts to repair. Not sure how to add photos. Any help would be great.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

There were a few cars about with a-k50 transmissions, I cant exactly remember but all imported types to Australia. Perhaps in an ae70 or something that had the 1.5litre 3au engine? I believe its pretty hard to find and has the added de motivating factor that the bellhousing is more or less the front housing on the box and isnt especially easy to swap. You might just be better off with a t50 and a hydraulic clutch conversion in the long run. Its a better box and worth it compared to a K box in my opinion. They fit in a similar space and are a similar overall length, a touch heavier and being they were both used behind similar engines in very similar floorpans, it should fit where the k box fits.

Put up pics of your box and we can help see exaclty what it is.