Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrens Sprinter

Name
    Darren
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

not sure adam, he was sayin maybe 2 degrees on the inlet an a couple on the exhuast, he is the 55 year old expert

Name
    Adz
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

well im just interested really, mine are set to 105 and 108

EDIT: cam card info

Last edited by Adsport; 18th November 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Name
    Darren
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

yeah mine are HKS 8.35mm lift for both.. interesting info, time will tell whathe comes up with. he explained it between each power run he looks at the graph to see the torque ftpd tractive effort vs peak power an then tries to make a nice linear transition. i then looked at him blankly an said ok. fuck man i got no idea lol. but he's tuned thousands of 4ag, 20 valve turbos everythin. he can even do commodores.....

Name
    Adz
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

ah right. turning them a couple of degrees and hoping (if thats all he is doing but i doubt it) is a bit of an average way to do it as the cams arent made to be indexed to TDC, well ive never come across any that have been anyways. i would be interested if he can tell you specific opening degrees at the specific rate along with your dyno graph for comparison to mine

hey mate thinking of getting ur wheels in 15x8 0 offset. how much work on the gaurds was needed? was that work need because ur car i lowered?

Name
    Darren
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

on a normal 86 no guard work should be needed at all. depends how low you go on the back, would recommend rolling the guards, and the fronts just tuck in nicely with a bit of camber. i only flared the back cos im running a tarago diff which is wided than a S or T series. but yeah for the price wiked rim, with a great offset

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I've seen someone set there cams to a round about figure 105 or 110 on both. Then they tuned. Then did run after run and then adjusted the cams lower, did another run, higher, took from that and kept doing it till they had a happy medium.

This was with a smallport 16v n/a motor that had 272 8.35m cams. End result was something like 102 and 106.

I guess thats what he meant he will do. Even you explained it yet you couldn't understand it yourself Darren? lol.

Name
    Darren
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

yeah thats what he is goin to do, run after run and find a happy medium for the setup of the cams for good power and driveability, and obviously retune the computer to suit aswell.

sometimes i dont understand myself lol

Name
    Brad
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hey Darren

Just saw the pics of the cars, they look good hey. Thanks for the nice comment on my Trueno mate, we will have to meet up again soon when you get your car back for the dyno. I might be heading out to AHG with the Trueno and my bro's Evo 8 MR so yeah will let you know, might be worth a look if your intrested.

I was just reading the comments on the cams you fitted, so you set them to the normal marks I see and zero on the gears. Adam is on the money there with having a static setting with his cams, the cam card he displayed will have the optimal setting for the cams. There should be x amount of degrees before tdc with x amount of lift on the cam which are the figures Matt and Adam are talking about. After that is just abit of fine tuning to get the best power and torque on the dyno. As the boys said it will be intresting to see what the guy at the dyno centre comes up with as the final result on the cams.

Name
    Darren
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

yeah cool. I dont no the specs on the cams as i bought them off another forum member, all that is on them is HKS 8.35 256 an 264. Thats why he is goin to have a play around with them to find a good medium. Cool i'd be in for the AHG day for sure

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast