Thread: Some information before buying

Name
    Chris
    State
    Italy
    Country
    Italy

Default Some information before buying

Hello everyone, I'm from Italy and looking to buy an 86 from somewhere else in Europe, but would like some information before buying.
    First off, the question I'm most curious about, what's a generally good mileage for an 86? I've seen many going for 200.000km, but not quite sure on how reliable those would be since it's a pretty high mileage. All the ones with relatively low mileage (60.000km) are almost twice the price (ones with higher mileage go for 13.000€).
    There's also the problem with the front end, I love the pop up headlights the Trueno has but Levins seem to go for quite a lot cheaper, is it possible to switch the front end on a Levin and mount a Trueno front?
    Lastly, do you guys think it's worth spending this much for an 86? It's been my dream car since I saw someone driving it in Italy, but it's quite a high price and my job doesn't let me earn a lot (though I'd be more than willing to spend the money on the 86), but what would you guys think is a right price for it?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You have to look at the cars sold out of hjapan for a price guide, theres been conistent cars coming to Australia fromJapan for between 20 and 40 Grand AU landed lately. It depends on condition mostly, and whether youre buying a twincam equipped car. Trueno fronts do go on levins but to do it right you basically need a trueno to cut up. The parts are very expensive.

Name
    Chris
    State
    Italy
    Country
    Italy

Yeah, a lot of them are going for over 13k€, but I'd have to get a loan to buy one (I'm a student), so I'm pretty wary of buying one that would require an engine swap after buying. What other cars would be similar to drive/look similar to an 86? I've seen some AE92s going for rather cheap, I could buy a Trueno conversion kit and put a 4A-GE in it (if that's possible, I haven't checked yet). Thanks for your help!