Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name
    Alano
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Angry 4AGZE TO NA 4AGE for pits

Recently got a yellow sticker or defect notice for my turbo 4agze ae86 in WA.
    I have no plans to engineer it as I'm in the middle of sorting out a 3sge beams which im eventually going to be putting in. But for now I need my car up and running. I've ran into 1 or 2 forums discussing the topic but they're all really old and talking about using the stock ECU however I'm running a full custom wiring setup to a haltech elite (which the car is mod plated for) so I was wondering if it's possible to chuck on some NA headers and get rid of the IC setup and run it NA for pits. My main concern now is getting caught again. Is it more worth selling the whole setup and just putting in a standard NA 4age until I get the beams ready (probs spring 2020). Or just run the gze NA until then. Ive only had the car on the road for about 6 weeks and got stickered going through an RBT and I don't want to have to go through this again. Does anyone have experience on running 4agze's NA other than the lower compression?
    Cheers for any input

Name
    Ali
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

In my mind it should work ok with the haltech NA. There won't be any boost reading, so it won't add extra fuel. Try it and see, just go easy.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thoughts are the same, remove the turbo / IC setup and the manifold pressure won't increase therefore the fuel levels will stay the same.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners