Thread: <<<my086a>>>

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

Default redsprinter's not so red sprinter.

Hi guys .
    this is my story ... sorry if its long and boring ...

have been here since 2004 ...i bought my very first sprinter from melbourne .. i remember talking to the owner a couple of time asking him to describe the car ... and asking him for photos....you see i just finished high school and was working at a dealership getting paid shit all and all i could think about was owing a sprinter hehhe so i ended up getting a crappy 1mega pixel pictures of what was going to be mine ... and with that, 1 week later + $1800 .. TNT drop of my very first sprinter .

it was a blue standard 4ac sprinter with rust here and there. and to my surprise a standard sunroof. ... after about a year of owning it my girlfriend at the time not her fault but just a case of wrong place wrong time was driving it one morning to come pick me up for work ... the engine blew up leaving a hole as big a your fist in the block ... at this stage i couldnt afford the 4age conversion ... a basic 4age conversions and the info to do it was rare ...compared to nowdays....

the blue car stayed infront of my house for the next 2years sitting there sleeping and waiting .. i couldnt let go of it .... after several weeks of a mate nagging me. i ended up selling it to a mate for $1000 for the blue car + 2nd sprinter ... as both were undriveable

the story continues.........
    in 2005-6 still working at the same place.... still catching the 5.30am bus and catching 2 trains and starting work a 7am and working 6 days a week i saved enough money + my gf at the time giving me $1000 as a chirstmas gift to go towards getting my second sprinter and it was time, i had saved enough. looking through the froums i found a sprinter for 4k . 4age coverted + quads .. running on standard ecu..chops spring ... momo 1piece bucket seat .. and open wheeler. i remeber it being soo rich you could smell the petrol in the car .... it was red in colour .... it was love a first site ... and hence the name redsprinter... hehehe

the car was good to me ... little problem here and there and was a learning expericnce in all ..... teaching me that sprinters were not cheap and would forever leave my pocket and wallet empty but when it all worked out the feeling was unreal and simply put awesome. it became apart of me ... decisons for the car were never made based on facts or common sense but by emotions (just like girls ) and in that stupid mistake were made (now that i think about it ) and life lesson learnt .
    Last edited by redsprinter; 15th December 2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Originally Posted by cicca_294
    my dads mate is getting one, in white, aus delivered.
    his mate has an imported on in white,
    and their mate has a blood red one with a 25k new exhaust system...

i wish i had enough money for a freaking corolla

Banned

pics, specs?

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

in 2007-2008
    i had now owned the car for almost 2years and moved jobs here and there and was back to working at a dealer ship but now for mate of mine who needed help running the show.... earning enough cash and being around so many nice imports 180sx , gtrs, rx7 , supras, s15 and being able to drive them all. again based on emotions and no facts i took out a loan for a blue 180sx type-x with all the goodies ... and gaining enough knowledge of the sprinter... it was time to upgrade to a nice daily and the sprinters the blue one sitting in the front lawn and red one was going to become a track car project . with the help of a mate we were going to use the both car and turn it into a nice clean straight rust free car. that was going to be used a track car ...

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

it goes down hill...........

my younger brother .. getting his red p's... and having no car to drive, being a good older bro .. the keys to the redsprinter was given to him on one condition that it needed to come back in one piece ... unfortunalty it didnt as i found out the next morning.

both blue and red sprinters were now sitting there wrecked. one with a blown motor and the red one with body chasis damage ... both cars as above were eventually sold to a mate for 1k .. the blue one went from my front lawn to sitting at paddock rusting away and the red one got the front chasis pulled using a mini earth moving 'dingo' and driven around by my mate untilled the rego ran out ...

the blue one has now been rescued and my younger bro is in the process or restoring and re-building it ...link to how it is now :

the red one .. i dont know .. the last time i saw it was around my area and sold and gone through 2 owner ..
    Last edited by redsprinter; 15th December 2009 at 11:51 AM.

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

part 2.

things keep going down hill....

both sprinters gone ... and all i had was the 180. it became my drift car / daily commuter... changing jobs and working further away from home and loosing my license and having it suspended for 3month ... my girlfriend drove us to work in the 180..... coming from a basic sprinter with no air con/ heater / power steering / no electric options and smelling like petrol all the time it was fresh air to me to be in something newer ... it helped alot being stuck in traffic all the time .

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

i almost give up .....

being stupid... one day i deicide to drive to work ... sussing out the street and getting familiar with the roads around my new work place ... thinking it would be safe to drive ... i drove to work. AND IT HAPPENS .... i get busted by a high way patrol ... MY LICENSE GETS TAKEN OFF ME AND GET DISQUALIFIED .. I GO TO COURT AND GET SUSPENDED FOR 12MONTHS.

LIFE SUCKED .....i soon get over it .. sucked it up like a man .. i said to my self .. ive still got a car to go drifting in ...
    Last edited by redsprinter; 15th December 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

the phone call ....

so im working away at work and a i get a phone call from my gf...and i hear the words we all dont want to hear ...

gf: babe ive had a accident
    me: are you ok ?
    gf: yeah im ok
    me:*im thinking at this point thank god... i guess then the car is ok aswell
    me: what happened?
    gf: a car pulled out of a drive way without looking and t-boned me ..

long story short I was devastated ... all i wanted to do since finishing high school was to have a car i could call mine and go drifting in it ... that was my dream ... and that day my dream disappeared ...

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

getting back on the horse....

so anyways i had insurance for the car and got back about 12k plus the wreck .. made some money selling parts from the wreck and instead of doing the right thing by paying off my loan ... i agian follow my heart and went looking for a new car ... IT HAD TO BE A SPRINTER ... i have to say at this point that the 180 was a awesome car ... did everthing i wanted too ... but lacked personality and character ... and thats what i love about sprinters and generally older sports car ....

SOOOOOO.... I END UP WITH THIS ....

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

Last edited by redsprinter; 18th July 2009 at 03:44 AM.

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

during my 12month suspension last year ...and with the help of my current gf we have been slowly changing it and making it my own ....

there have been things on the car that i thought could have been improved on and have done so ... ... ill let the picture do the talking ...

car getting stripped to bare metal, seam welded , and foam filled...

Last edited by redsprinter; 18th July 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast