Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Road death toll???? what about the death toll in Hospitals.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default Road death toll???? what about the death toll in Hospitals.

So far year to date there has been 172 deaths on our roads. There seems to be an emphasis on 'HOON' driving, well what about 'HOON' surgery!!!

It is estimated that about 5000......yes 5000 patients die in hospital each year attributed to unintended injury, errors, and drug reactions related to the medical management of patients......29 times the number of road deaths per year.

Why are the police and government not looking into this???
    I want answers!!!!!!.......I guess you can't fine a dead person
    Last edited by Frak; 18th July 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Not really related but...

can I just say, how can you compare the road toll from one year to the next.

The amount of people who die on our roads each year (or any other way) is 100% random.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Which the police and pollies like to play up, when road death tolls are DOWN, it's because of their vigalence in enforcing speeding etc, but if the road toll is up, well then obviously we must need a crack down

What I also think is funny, is that the police and pollies say that since the 70's/80's etc the number of fatalities has been decreasing because of introducing road penalties etc, this is ignoring the fact that the number of passive and active safety device on the car has increased dramatically, unfortunately tho, there is a large percent of the dumb ass population that feed off this crap and anything else the governent spoon feed them!!!
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah back in the 70's family cars were 2,000 odd kg, with no crumble zones, f+r drum brakes etc etc. The amount of safety devices and how cars are designed these days is greatly improved. I would hate to crash my KE20 at any speed, its wouldn't be pretty
    Last edited by benzo; 19th July 2009 at 10:47 PM.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

frak hits the nail on teh head.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    mark
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

what i like is how they is how they make young drivers go on their p's for three years instead of one so they end up with more than triple the amount of p platers on the road. then start going on about how there are more p plate accidents then ever. so then they bring in laws like the 150 hours to get your p's which reduces the amount of p plate drivers and pat themselves on the back because there are less crashes even though the percentages remain the same

Gunner

its all revenue raising and government showboating, no point havin a cry if thats all your gonna do.

How bout instead of pointing the finger, and posting threads about it, get of your ass, and put something together, to show what you think should be done.

I find it absolutely hilarious that 99% of people on this site speed, street race, drift etc etc, on public roads, but we, myself included, cry when we get done, or a new rule is bought in because of how we drive.

I am sure that if, a group of say 100 cars showed up out the front of your state government house, with the ammunition to prove what should be done, for example the swedish way of training drivers, where they are taught from 14 how to drive, and handle a spin etc etc, it wouldn't go unnoticed and things might change. After all the power is in the people. not under your right foot.

So stop havin a cry and think of a way to fix it.

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

the biggest problem i see is that australians, like americans and english et all, see owning a car and having a licence as a RIGHT.

its a privilage. if your too retareded to get your licence... and it should be MASSIVELY harder and more expensive than it is, then you dont deserve to be able to pilot a tonne and a half of metal and plastic at a speed that can andwill kill people.

This leads to a problem for the decision makers. They need to prop the local industries that revolve around our car market... a market that is very ROBUST given our population, so they need to keep every moron on the road. But all these morons keep killing each other.

Yes hooning is a problem. But so is any fool acting like a dick in any situation. Long haul drivers, drug dependant drivers, under the influance, commodore drivers... all just as dangerous an influance on our roads.

Watching a guy in a clubman yesterday drivingto work yesterday. About to give him the thumbs up on a nice sorted car... then while driving behind him watch as he changes lanes INTO a motorcycle. In an open top clubman, he relies on those pissy lil mirrors to change lanes. Didnt even attempt to look over his fucking shoulder. Then gave the biker the finger as he gave him shit for it.

These are the real dangers. Drivers who dont give a shit about their surroundings or responsibilities to other road users.

And frak... is that REALLY 5000 deaths attributable to mistakes and or deliberate oversites? or 5000 deaths with an attributable mistake or oversite. i know its splitting hairs, but its an important destinction.
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

how many road deaths are cause by hooning activities?? 5%? majority of these activities are burnouts etc. those who "street race" dont do it in peak hour traffic. its the idiots and arrogant daily commuters who are the danger on the roads. people who over take when these barely enough road to do so, pull out infront of cars, cut people off, road rage, continue about there way if the other person is in the wrong even if it may result in a accident.

today in the paper a guy was caught doing 178 while on a mobile phone in some sort of kia, the car was noted to be swerving across lanes. he then tried to evade police and was clocked at 198km. there where 4 other passengers none with seatbelts. sounded like they may have been drugged upto the eye balls. stupid acts like that should have much harsher penalties in my opinions.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

road deaths make up 0.007% of deaths in australia in any given year.
    your more likely to die VISITING a friend in hostpital.

it is over played,

the day i would agree with them is the day they drop the fines for community service. I wouldnt care if i got a ticket from that day on, i would cop it and think about my actions.

its a cash cow.

i hate the opinion that if you obeyed the law you wouldnt have a problem, its the laws that are the problem, people dont realise that the rules are obeyed, but the when the fines drop, they drop speed limits, up penalties etc. its never going to stop. If everyone in australia did not commit a traffic offense for like 3 weeks, guaranteed speed limits would drop all over the place, cops would be on every road on over time, (double over time i might add) and the gov would be scared into upping the price of fuel or rego.

but you raise an interesting point frak.
    ps love the do the evolution film clip avatar, dont know if ive told you.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast