Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rota wheels..??

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

While others have the lesser known still "would you like to lick my ballsack" condition.

Saw some 17 or 18 rotas on a wrx somewhere on a forum the other day - they would have been at least 9.5 wide with a super low offset and they looked amazing.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 9th January 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah man I just hate those Rotas - they're really just cheap crap and we all know cheap stuff can never be good. In fact just look at these examples I dug up of one particular Rota wheel. It's so ugly I would actually rather pay the same price and get some gay work KSF thing with half the width in a gay offset just because it's JDM yo.

oMg LoL!1!! Would SosOoOoO rather have buddy club P1'z in 17x7 +43 for the same PricE. JdM Fo LiFe!!!

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Here's some more hot rota's

Before
    After, looks better actually.
    The above example is a perfect example where you can't just copy another companies wheel and make it cheaply. It's lightweight because the original uses a forging process to make the wheel, making the metal much stronger and allowing you to use less of it. But doing the same with a cast process leads to this, a very light weight but weak wheel.

But hey, if you want to put price and looks before performance, it's your car and don't let anyone stop you. For all I know rota may have fixed this issue with their wheels by now but I don't care because I'm not the one taking the risk

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Kona kid... Your a retard... You have no idea what you are talking about.. Get a life you keyboard warrior wanker.. Yes they are cheaper, no they are not crap.. Sorry there not JDM enough for you.. When you put whatever jap wheels your running on your car and do as many events as josh and i have done (and touched them while drifting on each others and gutters) then come tell me about it..

Retards like you should be banned from answering legitimit questions...

Yep i believe this is true.. And so are alot of others...

So true. They are a great wheel for drifting as they take hits and last and you don;t really care about them all that much.. I sold 4 14x7 Volk TE37's and bought 8 Grid Rotas 16x8 with only small amount of cash added... Good value in my book any day of the week.. That or i could still run the volks and rub them on gutters at the tracks...

Intense:- I Beleive this was old school product and the motivational poster is crap.. Any cast Rim will do that if you hit a gutter at full noise.. Give me 30 mins on goolge and i could have the same pics of any rim..

So far i'm the only person whos running them and have been doing for a year (34+ events) with no issues.. Josh even longer with not 1 issue...

You can listen to the Forum warriors or listen to someone with experience.. ROTA = BEST VALUE FOR MONEY WITH MINIMUM RISK.
    Last edited by Ae86sam; 9th January 2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added more to Kona Kid answer (no deletion) + Added response to Intese

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Top pic and bottom pic are not gutter incidents though but rather just the metal gets stressed due to driving forces. Show me a wheel from rays that has done that under normal track conditions and I'll quietly eat my hat.

And right after I searched "rota wheel crack" I did "superlite wheel crack" and "rays wheel crack" on google image search and nothing came up on the front page, odd that.

I'm not trying to stir up shit, just letting people know. The wheels you and josh use seem to be a rather chunky design and aren't a copy of a lightweight wheel so no doubt they'll be able to take a bit of punishment. But I've already outlined why people shouldn't use the lightweight copy wheels from rota.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

No worries.. I admit ours are a chunkier design but these pics prove little realistically.. Maybe if you can dig up some articles on them but realisically most of the uninformed in this thread are only bagging them because they're not JDM and have zero experience with them.. The Rota Grids are an awesome wheel at a awesome price, Proven...

And i think they look great..?

Last edited by Ae86sam; 9th January 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Name
    Dean
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the info Sam.....

It seems crap quality is confused with being just plain good value sometimes..

I think this is the case with the current rota wheels.

Im all for you get what you pay for but there is no point going nuts if its not needed. I was planning on using them for a street wheel and put some semi slicks on my current set so im not going for all out performance and cant justify spending the cash on an exotic wheel but i still want something safe....and im convinced they are safe.

Cheers,
    Last edited by ThatsHowWeRoll; 9th January 2009 at 04:44 PM.
    ex-SR20 Stanza and now MX83 Cressida Driver

John 1:12

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

HRE wheel Manufacture supercar luxury rims - very very expensive:

Team Dynamics - another euro rim that is OEM for pretty much 99% of manufacturers. They also make sport wheels as below - supposed to be of very good quality:

Oz Racing Ultraleggeras - oz racing make gorgeous italian racing wheels - one of the top wheel brands if you noobs don't already know:

More OZ Racing - don't know which model:

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

zing!
    Insert witty comment here....

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey sam, how much do the rota's weigh?
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast