will somebody please think of the children
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Alek
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

No one is saying that rota wheels are better then WORK or the other jap brands, they are just saying that they are good value for money.

Obviously they are cheaper wheel and most likely of a lower quality then some jap brands but they still seem to be a good wheel. Ive never heard of anyone breaking them on this forum and Ive seen that a lot of people have used them.

I would make sure you choose one with wider spokes just incase, lol

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Actually, on the old forums a guy has an ae92 race car and he broke some on the track without hitting anything

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Lol.. I can't beleive this is still going on.. There are only 2 of us on here who use them continually and have given them hell.. So that means there are only 2 of us who can honestly comment on them..

The Rota Grid rims Myself, Josh and Beau Yates use are actually built for Offroad Rally purposes and are broadly used with no side effects..

Quite a few of the Big teams in EDC run Rota Rims too.. I don't think they would gamble their expensive cars on shit rims?

Konakid - Your arguments have come mainly from the internet with ZERO experience except the golden line of "a freind of a freind" or "on the internet".. Your input is Null and Void.. Give up..

No-one has put up any real experience except that they are good..

Also i read that there was a single batch of rims that had a problem with cracking. As soon as Rota found out they contacted as many owners as they could and replaced the rims asap. Other than that all i could find where rims breakages coupled with accidents which happens to any rim.

Name
    Pete
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i wouldn't worry about it sam. konakid is just trying to take the high road with the 'holier than thou, keep JDM in business' tact. i believe the same thing to a degree about quality, but also respect a quality item regardless of its country of origin

they work for you, thats all that matters.

-pete

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

although i agree with what you say somewhat sam, theres a difference between sponsorship and choice. Country of origin is irrelevent, its the tooling equipment, a chinese man can put his finger on a button just as well as any other man, but its got to be a company that puts effort into quality control, using good raw materials, and good machinery.

heres a nice little vid for you all
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Pete
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

actually, i'd like to make a quick comment about what i just said. sorry, this will probably be long as shit.

some people take what they read on the internet about car parts being good or bad as gospel all too often. Which is fair enough in documented cases, especially with rip-off parts, china and all that crap floating about thanks to ebay.

in this case, you have people within the auto industry blogging about product failures or calling out companies for shit stuff, which i can understand. if there's a shit product being put out thats a blatant copy, is known faulty or is just plain plagiarism, than the potential buying public deserve to know who's playing them for idiots.

But in the same breath, these (influential) people are working for companies whom are producing opposing products, or have friends who work for companies (can think of a few examples here) and you can understand why they would be so biased towards their own product - company pride, or competition.

not pointing fingers, but a few US based 'bloggers' (JDM parts companies/distro employees) have outspoken/barracked against companies producing parts in china, or manufacturing 'fake' copied parts of legitimate JDM brands. i respect and agree with their viewpoints from a moral perspective totally, though not everyone is submerged within the JDM parts industry like they are and get brand name shit off their contacts. not every car enthusiast has access to that kind of shit, or the amount of money in most cases. And it's easy to get caught up in their opinions. But you have to see that they are just that, opinions.

what i'm relating to is the fact that it's easy to pipe up and claim you're 'anti china' or whatever, but when it comes down to the fact that you have a part that (with FULL knowledge and evidence) does the job equally, for half the price, do you swallow your pride and buy it, or buy the brand name piece, for nothing but bragging rights? or a parts list on the internet?

now before people get pissy, i've been in the same position, with coilovers. had my heart set on HKS hipermax, though chose HSD because a good friend i trust runs them and rates them highly (a WELL respected member of this forum i might add) and i couldn't be happier with them.

NOW, not all parts are equal, i realize that, and in most cases the 'shit china' mantra is true, but the case here, in this thread is that there is alot of real life based facts being put forward from product owners, and the only opposition is hear-say and pictures off the internet.

I think that people just need to read between the biased lines, and not always believe what the eyes see and the ears hear on the internet, thats all

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast