Australia

Default 4ac Craby problems.. Choke+Idle

hey guys,

Car - 1984 ae71

motor - 4ac, no mods.

use - will be daily/ocasional drift

problem - Will not idle, disengage choke

occurs/started when - all the time

personal situation - have nearly no money, trying to get it ready for rwc so i can start a new job.

When i brought the car, the 4ac in it was stuffed (blown head gasket) so picked up a 4ac for it. in good condition.
    i swapped the motor over awhile ago, and coundlt get the new motor to idle.
    plugs where black and leads were not good. replaced them all (plugs are BPR5EY, from the NGK plug 09 book) after i put the new parts in, fired it over and it idle fine for 10-15 seconds then got extremely ruff and died. - the idle was extremely high aswell.

Tinkered with idle etc and nothing happened.
    called up a mate of mine who owns a sprinter, after having look and investigating we found out it was over fueling. the carby on the motor was pumping in waaaaaaaay to much fuel, we pulled it off and the manifold was filled with fuel.
    pulled the carby off the old motor and put that one on. it started to idle better, but then turned to shit after a little bit. we tuned it for several hours and nothing came good.
    The choke is not releasing. as soon as you open the choke flap a little bit the engine splutters and dies. we had checked all the timing before and it was good btw. and when we open up the choke flap it will only move just over half open not the full way.

so we checked all the vacc lines etc etc all good. we let it cool right down then tried again but still nothing.
    now the new plugs are black as f**k and it still wont hold any idle, and choke is still not opening.

has any one had this problem before? i've searched for the last 2 hours on google and other toyota websites (inclding here) and nothing.

i really need your help guys.
    cheers, Ben.
    Last edited by tc-rolla; 7th August 2009 at 02:57 AM.
    Some postman, is groving... to all our love letters... some postman is gonna cry! - Some postman you turned out to be..

Name
    steve
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

check your timing should be around 12degrees adv factory i think.

check the IDLE SOLENOID, which is the little plug that connects to the carby. you can hook up that directly to the battery, when you do it should "CLICK" and you know its working. there is also a fuse in the engine bay and the incar fuses box marked "engine", check that (its the fuse for the idle solenoid).

are you in melbourne? if so pm me.

-dan
    gunner:
    You're a fucking idiot, and I am ashamed that you are part of this community. Sure there isn't many tracks, but praticing on the street isn't the alternative.

Grow the fuck up you little JDM whore
    ALL DRIFT MODIFICATIONS
    for all your drift modification needs