Australia

Paint wing blue plz <3

Name
    Alex
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Don't have any more correct blue! That's why my rear guards are still a lol colour.

I will do a paint job on it one day...But for the moment, black wing will do!
    4K > 5K > Worked 5K > 4AGE > 146RWKW 4AGTE > 210KW SR
    Alex's 4AGTE KE70
    Rest In Peace Old Faithful Corolla-Taken Too Soon 2006-2013...
    Or so was thought...
    Now with a new lease on life will be back bigger and better!

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Alex get motivated and get your oil cooler setup done so your car can be out on the street again where i can perv on it from time to time when i go to the shops

Name
    Alex
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I took my time, like most things I do, but I finally completed my oil cooler setup.

Also fitted a new seat on the weekend to replace to shagged Sparco one I had previously.

Alex's 4AGTE KE70
    Or so was thought...

Name
    Jay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

this thing is pretty much perfect. swap for shitty 180? haha

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Oil cooler setup is something you won't regret spending a good amount of time on, looks like you've done a neat job on it.

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Good stuff man how'd you go with your seat? Like it? Mine ended up pretty low with the ke70 rails can't even see my bonnet haha :p

Name
    Alex
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Haha it is far from perfect if you could see it in person, but thanks I'll pass on the 180 too...don't think I could ever part with this

Yeah I wanted to make sure to have it in a good spot and have the lines run in a tidy way so not to 'clutter' the bay. Also made sure the oil filter was easily accessible! I am happy with it
    Alex's 4AGTE KE70
    Or so was thought...

Name
    Alex
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Now another small update with this:

Winton Matsuri!

Decided to enter Winton Matsuri after having to bail on the AE86DC track day at Raleigh (So much anger that I couldn't make it!!!!)

After sitting at the computer for 2.5 hours straight hitting the refresh button on my browser trying to secure an entry to it, the Vicdrift site crashed...Awesome... Thankfully I managed to get a manual entry form done via facebook! Was a massive headfuck and stress fest hoping that I got in, but found out the next day that all was good and I was entered

With that out of the way, I had a few thing that I needed to do to my car, more so wanted to do, in preparation for the weekend. I ordered all new bushes for the front and rear of my car and spent the weekend before swapping out the 29 year old bushes for some new Nolathane ones. Was a bitch of a job, but atleast it is something I won't have to do again any time soon.

With bushes taken care of, the last thing I wanted to do was to do a much needed oil and filter change. (something that I should have done when I did the cooler but never had time to do). I was busy during the week leading up to Matsuri, so I drained the old oil on Thursday night and then just needed to screw on a new filter and top up with oil on the Friday morning...Was supposed to be that simple, but of course if something can go wrong, it will go wrong...

Put new filter on, fill her with oil and away you go...Or not.

Cranked the engine over for 30 seconds or so to get oil pressure then started it and let it run to warm up while we got the car trailer in position. Came back to the car and noticed a small puddle of oil under the car...Turns out that somehow the sandwich plate on the side of the block decided that it would be a good time to not seal properly. So with that, off came the oil lines and off came the sandwich plate. Cleaned it up and hastily rushed off to see a mate at his work to get some new O-rings for it. He quickly got some sorted for us, so back home we headed. 20 minutes later it was all back together and with a 'thank fuck for that' it was leak free and on the trailer!

We ended up leaving for Winton a whole lot later than planned thanks me, but we still left with enough time to make the track and unload our crap on the Friday. There was a convoy of Harry (CA18DET Sigma), Sam92 (White KE70 on here), Sam 2 (Awesome MX73) and Myself.

Photo of us in Albury. (Actually 'Lavo' for anyone araound that area )

Had to take a small detour there so Sam92 could pick up a companion for the trip so he didn't get so lonely on the drive...Jess.

Anyway, we made it to the track at about 6pm after having a tire blow-out on my trailer 3/4 of the way to Winton. Was pretty much a seamless pit stop on the side of the highway with 5 guys and 2 car loads of tools haha! Met up with Will and Kumar and a few other guys whose name's I didn't catch. Also the guy in the white KE70 with roof racks who came up and said hi, sorry I didn't catch your name and talk for long, I was pretty knacked and just didn't feel like doing anything. My apologies if I was short

Now from this point I don't have many photos of the weekend. I guess in the whole excitement of it all I just completely forgot to take photos. That and it was so fucking hot there that it was an effort to actually go out into the sun and get some

The Saturday started out fantastic but unfortunately Matsuri managed to kick me in the nuts again about 3 laps into second session...

Yep, that's oil folks!

Came out of the last turn of the M section and noticed a bit of a cloud of smoke behind my car. Knowing that my tires smoke less than Kumar's left-rear wheel on fire , I decided to bail on the S section and head for the pits.

Pulled up and had everyone looking at me, so I knew that something was wrong.

Turns out that one of the oil lines to the oil cooler had managed to have a split and resulted in me leaving about 2L of oil on the ground. Glad I came in when I did or I'd have not made it back around to the pit under my own power

Was pretty gutted by that stage after all the shit that had already gone wrong to me (first oil leak, then trailer blow out, then this) but with Jake's help and Sam 2, we pulled the line out, cut out down to get rid of the split and then reassemble the speedflow fitting. Was a bitch to do with out a bench vice and such, but we managed to get me back out there for the last session before it went to the 'Open' night session.

We all came back to the motel about 7ish and had a pretty early night.

Sunday was a much better day for me. Did every session up until it went to 'Open' again. Had an absolute blast! Car was bullet proof the whole day which was such a happy feeling for me after what happened the 2 days before. It did get a bit on the hot side if I thrashed it for the whole lap, but I just made sure to do plenty of cool laps/sections rather than just skid every corner. It was 37º on Sunday, so I don't think I'll ever be driving it in hotter conditions, so really happy how it handled the day

It was such a great weekend even with all the mishaps along the way. Can't wait to get to some more practice days and get more driving in with the new engine. 1 and a half years was far too long between drinks!

If I stumble across any photos I'll try update this. I doubt there will be any though as there were faaaaar more better cars and drivers out there worth taking photos of!

Anywho, if you made it this far, I hope you enjoyed the novel
    Alex's 4AGTE KE70
    Or so was thought...

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

No pics of you just yet, but here is one of ya mate....

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast