Well, I never had a thread on the old forum, but I thought I may aswell start one on here for kicks.

Basically, Got a beat up '83 sedan as my first car for $500 and it had 8 months rego on it, minimal rust so was good in that respect. Looked like a bucket of shit and handled much the same, so my old man and I panel beat it to remove the many dints, then primed and painted a new coat of blue. The usual tacho dash went in it too as well as a head unit and a couple of old speakers. This was the first step of the ever flowing project.

After that, I got a hold of a 32/36 Weber of a mates Lseries and put that on the pos 4K as the standard Aisan carb was rooted. Then I decided to put off doing engine work, and focus on getting the suspension sorted first. Out with the standard front end and in went Xt130 LCAs and struts which I converted to coilovers. Decided that the pug/hilux conversion was not necessary so I just used the 2 spot corona calipers and discs. Rear wise was just some commy kyb shocks and ajps springs.

Finally got around to doing engine work in the last few months. Got a 5K in need of a rebuild for cheap. So I did a rebuild on it, regound the cam, new valve springs, pushrods replaced with new ones as the ones in it were bent like a banana, rings, bearings, seals etc. Also got a pair of DHLA40s and extractors to top it off. Pretty much as it stands now, the enigne is done, and everything fitted, but it needs a tune something shocking. Carbs need to get jetted by a pro as the tune that my old man and I did is only good enough to get it from A to B but not for daily driving. sounds tough as though, love the sound of carbs.

On the to do list is to get the engine running right, rebuild coilovers as I have some short stroke agxs here, and roll/flare guards to accommodate new rims.

15x8.5 +10 for the rear. Still searching for a set for the front.

That's basically it. The car is my daily and also built to slide. Hoping to get it reliable in time for the local tarmac motorkhana coming up late next month.

Looking into starting another ke build next year some time, as ca/sr builds look bloody fun.

I guess that's it about the car. Feel free to say what ever about it, good, bad, meh. Enjoy.

Alex