Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Universal 3sge (inc Beams) into AE/KE thread

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

I'm working on finishing up my Beams swap. I have found some differences in some of the wiring advice I have found on the net. Specifically pin E1 on the ECU. I have seen that to be 1. Ignition 12v
    2. Constant 12V and 3. Ground. Anyone have any advice on this? I have tried both ways and neither make my engine run, so I am probably missing something else as well. Pics of the project included to hopefully get some attention!

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Mate dont worry about the wiring, your steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Just kidding, and sorry no answers. Have you checked sam qs site for the wiring diagrams, I think he hosts them. SQEngineering.

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

Oh damn! Your right, I will have to get right on that. Wish I could pick up a RHD AE71 over here in the states, that would be a sweet project.

Seriously though, the SQ diagrams have been a huge help. Here are the ones I have been looking at:

This to me says it should be constant 12v:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	37425

But this seems to reference is being ground?

Name:	E1 G.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	37426

and this guys site

says "BATT E1 is GROUND(dont make the same mistake i made and put power to it lol)"

Hope someone can clear this up! If anyone needs help with anything else for the swap into an ae71 I have most everything else figured out and lots of pictures.

Name
    MJ
    State
    Dublin
    Country
    Ireland

just been through the same thing, 3sge into a ae70, and saw that guys link about "batt e1 is ground(dont make the same mistake i made and put power to it lol)" i can confirm he is lying or misinformed. I gave it a ground and blew a fuses and cud not get the engine to fire, i gave it a IG+ and it started first go.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'm interested for a comparison, has anyone got a 1/4 Mile time for a stock beams engine in an ae86?

Looking for a target time when I race the 2az86.

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

Thank you! Any other wiring gotchas you can remember? I feel like I am really close. Basically I have this going on:

E1 E8 E10 E16 to power along with a black with red strip that I traced back to the EFI relay

Is there anything else I am missing. I can crank but get no spark.

Thanks for the help!

Name
    MJ
    State
    Dublin
    Country
    Ireland

I had the very same, and it was cranking but wudnt fire. But then I found another wire that needed a power, coming from the engine but not going to any of the ecu plugs, it wasn't de usual black with red stripe either, I'm not sure but I think it was black with a white stripe, a heavy wire, I will have a look 2moro and try see wat wire it was, it's been a few months and its all tidyed up and hidden but I'll have a look!

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

You rock dude, that was exactly what I was missing. It was a medium gauge black with white stripe wire that powered the coilpacks.
    It fired right up after i gave it 12v!

Now I have to figure out why it wont idle for more than 2 seconds and when I give it throttle it just dies...
    I dont have my o2 sensor connected yet but I think thing that would cause an idle problem. I do have 1 broken thing and 1 plug I can find a home for maybe you can clue me in to their use.

The first plug is this one at the back of the engine. Single wire, I cant find anything nearby it could plug into.

Name:	20170408_124407.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	334.0 KB 
ID:	37427

The second is a little plue module under the intake, that is supposed to have a vaccum hose going to it but was broken off.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help!

Name
    MJ
    State
    Dublin
    Country
    Ireland

Delighted to hear she finally fired up, an awesome feeling if your anything like me!

the vacuum unit under the manifold should have two vacuums going to it? One goes under the tps and i think the other goes to the tank?
    heres a link of the vacuum assembly

does that grey plug not go down on a little grey suppressor unit bolted to the head above the gearbox?

As for it cutting out, Is it immobilised? think they came with an immobiliser as an option, most dont have thou. You running OEM ECU? Is it getting correct fuel pressure? what pump and regulator are you using?

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

Oh man, yes I was so excited. Still am!

Thanks for the link, I found another picture as well and I think it is the purge valve solenoid, which I don't need.
    The other one I will hunt for next time I work on the car hopefully it is just hidden back there where I can't see it.

OEM ecu running, running about 65psi right now using the AEM in tank fuel pump and some random FPR

I actually just remembered there is only like 1/2 gallon gas in the tank so I'm hoping its as easy as that. That would be really lame to end up with an imobilized one. Nothing I have seen on it would indicate it is but I dont really know what to look for.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast