Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: West coast or East coast importer? Passion & eye for detail.

Name
    Swee
    State
    Western australia
    Country
    AustraliA

Default West coast or East coast importer? Passion & eye for detail.

Anyone here can recommend a good importer that has an eye for detail on the west coast. Seems to be more importers on the east coast.

Pro-K
    Sexy 16
    Jspec.

Heard great things about the above fore mentioned people.

Anyone in Perth area? or should I go through either from the east coast.

Btw anyone from Perth used an Eastern based importer to import their vehicle into WA?

I am chasing a clean JDM trueno coupe original to light mod (to keep for ever), haven't had any luck locating one in Perth nor are anyone selling. Don't want to bring one over from interstate (to much hassel and money is better of going into the budget).

I would kindly appreciate it if anyone has any contact details on Pro-K or Sexy 16. Would love to get in contact with either to work out something.

Cheers.

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

imports 101 are in wa.

I'm on the east coast and i used them, contact was mostly through email. I asked for some specific close up photos of a few things and had like 20 photos emailed to me the next day.
    They are a brokering service so they only charge you a set fee.

Name
    Kurt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Iron Chef is closer to you as he's in SA, very good rep knows his stuff %100 I wouldn't hesitate to use him, a little closer to it is easier for you if you want face time or need to go to his workshop etc.

Name
    Swee
    State
    Western australia
    Country
    AustraliA

Thanks for the input. Import 101 use to carry some Ae86 in their inventory. That was a while ago. I will get in touch with them.

Name
    Swee
    State
    Western australia
    Country
    AustraliA

I checked out their pricing and its pretty detailed. How specific were they during the inspection of the vehicle? Were they really detailed on the faults/ rusts/ missing parts/ damage/ replacement on the car? Did they look in all the right/ obvious places that we problem proned? Did they provide the right information based on their agents assessment of the vehicle as too whether its worth to purchase or pass?

Please PM me if you like. I'd really appreciate your personal experiences with them.

Cheers. Swee

Name
    Swee
    State
    Western australia
    Country
    AustraliA

Cheers mate.
    Last edited by MONKRY; 28th February 2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: wrong post

Name
    Swee
    State
    Western australia
    Country
    AustraliA

Cheers mate.

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

they did point out to me that the car was very loud and that the diff had a really loud clunk and that they suspected it had an aftermarket lsd.(turned out to be a VERY tight trd item.)

Yep, they told me from the start about the spot of rust in the rear guard and the dash had a small crack. i asked for some close up pics and had like 20 emailed to me the next day. if your worried about something just ask for some specific pics, remember your the prospective customer. its their job to keep you happy.

i'd get close up pics of the inside of the rear and front guards and any other place your worried about but i didn't get any nasty surprises.

i bought one from their stock listing not specifically from an auction. i actually paid for and bought the car from central motors japan who is an exporter. they dont have any ae86's listed atm.

the only bad experiance i had was the checker pattern floor mats went missing (they looked deadly!) and they say 2-3 months which ended up being 3 months to the day to pick it up. to be fair it was over Christmas.

Name
    Chee
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I've noticed in your other thread your rant about rust. To avoid this your best checking out or tellin your importer to check out carland 86. They are meticulous in their upkeep and restoration of 86's however prepare to pay a premium.

Name
    Swee
    State
    Western australia
    Country
    AustraliA

Yeah they have an awesome collection of cars. Cars starting from 20g landed and register will be more or less 30g, correct me if i'm wrong. Its nice to get something that is near perfect and sorted for you to start with however I personally would like to get involved in resto process. Its more rewarding being hands on and knowing where you money is going, and learning much along the way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast