PDA

View Full Version : 16x8 Wheel Question

google1304
26th August 2009, 09:31 PM
I have a simple question. ( Well I hope it is)
I have almost finished the Ke70 and it needs some wheels.
I am looking at the Rota Grid 16x8 + 10 offset wheels.

How much guard mods will need to be made if any to make these fit?

The car is running Sprinter struts, Sigma LCA's etc.

Rear end is a sprinter.

Any helps is appreciated.

ae86
26th August 2009, 09:39 PM
how low u plan on going is the real Q
as for simplified answer, would prob wana get 2 extra guards already lipped on inside to max, and use them for rear (prefrebly ke70 front ones) or any 80's car that has similar look, lip or flare doubt ud need them to be flared for 8's and get old guards cut off completely and line up new ones 2-3 inches higher and start fabricateing, as for fronts, flare to an extend depending on ur camber tyre size etc, should watch mr2drift's thread for how hes doing fronts maybe not sure if hes tubbing or what.

jay70
26th August 2009, 09:54 PM
as for simplified answer, would prob wana get 2 extra guards already lipped on inside to max, and use them for rear (prefrebly ke70 front ones) or any 80's car that has similar look, lip or flare doubt ud need them to be flared for 8's and get old guards cut off completely and line up new ones 2-3 inches higher and start fabricateing, as for fronts, flare to an extend depending on ur camber tyre size etc, should watch mr2drift's thread for how hes doing fronts maybe not sure if hes tubbing or what.

lol. do not do anything suggested in that post

Konakid
26th August 2009, 09:55 PM
Do not buy any bigger wheels that 15 inch.

Do not buy rota wheels.

Thanks.

fantapants
26th August 2009, 11:03 PM
bah humbug!

they fit FINE on the rears with next to no flaring.

im running them with 25mm bolton spacers and simple flared rear guard.... they scrubbed a bit to start, now no scrubbing :) This is an 86 but i doubt you have THAT much less room in there....

fronts im not sure, im running s13 so im 30mm wider each side? so i have some funky shit going on :)

blair
26th August 2009, 11:25 PM

i just lol'd fairly hard.

sundee
27th August 2009, 10:56 AM
16 x 8 + 10 .. if u want them to sit nice, u will need to run a space, you can run a neg 10 on an 8 inch rim and still dont need to mod the guards with 230mm free height springs
, if u went down to a 200mm fee height spring u may want to roll the lip.

i was considering 16's - still am. but that will be after i try 15's.. but that doesnt mean dont go 16's.. guys on here will usuall say that 14" on a 70 = win and 15" on a 70 = OK
if its just a streeter i would go no bigger than a 15", guys racing 86's or whatever sometimes change the rear to a bigger or smaller rim to change to final drive for certain tracks.. but streeter, 14" or 15"

thats on 86 LCA's .. but u have Sigma.. still with +10... go with somethings zero offset or in the negative.. +ve really fails in the looks department.

marvis
27th August 2009, 11:50 AM
Do not buy any bigger wheels that 15 inch.

Do not buy rota wheels.

Thanks.
I agree.

Why so big? What power are you running?

ae86
27th August 2009, 12:03 PM
erh dc queers laughing but he changed post before exiting im guessing since it doesnt say edit and i had no idea on offset,
if your serious about getitng them just lip guards

google1304
27th August 2009, 10:28 PM
Yep, gaurds will be lipped. Should pick them up next week.

sundee
27th August 2009, 10:53 PM
post pics when fitted please! :)