PDA

View Full Version : locking corona diffs

millhouse
30th August 2009, 10:31 PM
My corona rt142 with a 22re

My problem
I have been trying to lock my borg warner diff and the centre and seems to have in closed spider gears.
Does anyone know about these centres is there a way of locking them? I heard that you can fill the spider gears with lead but I’m not really sure.

is this all coronas, I have been down at u pull it all day looking at all the rt142corona diffs and they all have the same in closed centre. I have looked at wagons and sedans the 2L and the 2.4L versions. Am i just unlucky or am I missing something.

Or is there a different diff you can put in with the same mounts. Without spending heaps of money getting a new diff and changing mounts.

Thanks millhouse.

resol
31st August 2009, 12:57 AM
My corona rt142 with a 22re

My problem
I have been trying to lock my borg warner diff and the centre and seems to have in closed spider gears.
Does anyone know about these centres is there a way of locking them? I heard that you can fill the spider gears with lead but I’m not really sure.

is this all coronas, I have been down at u pull it all day looking at all the rt142corona diffs and they all have the same in closed centre. I have looked at wagons and sedans the 2L and the 2.4L versions. Am i just unlucky or am I missing something.

Or is there a different diff you can put in with the same mounts. Without spending heaps of money getting a new diff and changing mounts.

Thanks millhouse.

yes they can be locked, have you seen what a sprinter s series looks like, or a s13 viscous etc.

if your in melb bring it round. other wise lock it, same principal as a borgy just less room.

-dan

Konakid
31st August 2009, 05:05 PM
He has had the cover off it to be locked but apparently there is no where to stick a welder in, do you need to remove the centre from the car completely?

crackett
31st August 2009, 08:40 PM
i have taken the centre out there is no way i can see to get inside ill take some photos and post them up.
millhouse

jay70
31st August 2009, 08:44 PM
ra60 t series fits

Konakid
31st August 2009, 09:07 PM
the trailing arms in the corona are bigger.

T series is also 20mm shorter, corona needs a longer diff in the rear to match the front track.

crackett
31st August 2009, 09:11 PM
On the old forums there was a guy who had that green Corona and skidded the shit out of it. Then got an S12 coupe? He would know something obviously.

Lewis has taken the backing plate off ever single combonation of Corona now. Disk, drum, 2L carby, 2.4 EFI, Wagon, Sedan, IRS etc!

resol
31st August 2009, 09:20 PM
viking drift, on this forum has a rt142 rona with a locked diff.

so it can be done. pics would help but if you can see the gear then it can be welded....

-dan

kina
31st August 2009, 10:33 PM
You need to cut into the housing so you can access the gears. Done this to two corona diffs now so just crack out the angle grinder and you're away :P

millhouse
31st August 2009, 11:38 PM
thanks kina
ill try and get it done this weeknd and let you know what happends,
:))

millhouse
7th September 2009, 08:25 PM
is there any one that has locked a corona diff in Adelaide.

i tried it myself and it dint even last a day. The centre split in half its more than likely my crap welding but if anyone has wants to help me out that would be grate and i am willing o give you cash as well. :)

millhouse

Konakid
7th September 2009, 11:36 PM
AGAPS will do it dude.