PDA

View Full Version : Stiffer trailing arm bushes ?

fixeruperer
11th September 2009, 12:09 AM
hey fellaz,
Im squashing my trailing arm bushes when im on the power, theres atleast 1/2 inch of movement on all of the rear bushes. I was going to run a rose jointed rear end but as its a street car i dont want the body to come apart as its so rigid. Are there any other bushes that are harder than the other nolethane/whiteline/noltec bushes ?.

cheers.

Sam-Q
11th September 2009, 01:09 AM
I have heard of people using nylon, but thats pretty harsh. If you find a material thats right I should be able to machine them for you soon if all goes well with my lathe.

fixeruperer
11th September 2009, 01:12 AM
ah yeh i get ya, yeh that would be pretty harsh. would be good if there was a shelf item.
i have a lathe too :)

cheers sam.

Sam-Q
11th September 2009, 11:47 AM
well from what I understand there are different grades of polyurathane, from what I understand noltec use some of the softer grades. See if you can source some of the harder stuff and then chuck it on your lathe with a knife like peice of tool steel. Surely though a normal polyurathe bush is enough.?

sundee
11th September 2009, 12:47 PM
yeah unequal length rose joints will do some easy seam seperating NP.
90a duro from AJPS
... speaking of AJPS have u sent my swaybars yet?

Sam-Q
11th September 2009, 01:03 PM
so dave what different hardnesses are there?

Robo86
11th September 2009, 01:10 PM
i want the STIFFEST bushes u can get for stock 4link. whos gunna get em for me :P

Konakid
11th September 2009, 02:47 PM
lawson, 90a durometer, stiff as fuck, i run them.

fixeruperer
11th September 2009, 09:43 PM
sweet as, thanx guys ill go the 90a bushes.
sam ive tryed noltec, whiteline and nolethane and they all squash out :(.
hopefully these 90a's will do the treat.

Sam-Q
11th September 2009, 09:45 PM
wow! you must be putting a lot of load through it. Let us know how it works out

fixeruperer
11th September 2009, 10:00 PM
yeh got a bit of power going through it and these bushes arnt liking it.
will do man ill let ya know how it goes, got anitlag hooked up now so that will be the biggest test, leaving the line with 15psi will move some things around.

H8CHIR6KU
13th September 2009, 05:50 PM
ive got some trd bushes sitting around which are supposed to be much firmer. but havent really needed them yet. especially now the track car is rose jointed arms.

Celica RA45
13th September 2009, 10:30 PM
do you wont to sell them as in bushes

H8CHIR6KU
13th September 2009, 10:57 PM
not yet...

...maybe in a couple weeks

--Redwork--
13th September 2009, 11:07 PM
Run half your 4 link solid mounts and the other half 90a...?
I'll be runing Full Solid tops and solid bottoms with a urethane bushing on the body side of the link.. Equal lenght 4 link so no probs with the body distortion.. Just didn't want it to be SUPER harsh..

Prime86
27th October 2009, 12:36 AM
Hey mate

Sounds like a bit of a drama! I run a full Cusco 4 link in one of my AE86's. I have bushed 4 link arms with a bushed Cusco adjustable panhard so street legal, although not advised by Cusco. There is a big difference in the size of the arms compaired to standard ones. I have whiteline ones also but they dont look as big in the bush area as the Cusco arms. I have had it over the pits with this setup accept for the panhard cause I put standard springs in. I also run traction blocks to change the thrust angle on the diff as the 4 link arms are not adjustable for more traction. Under full race conditions I have not seen any probs with this setup. I know you are running good power out of yours and the setup you have but im sure they will do the trick, maybe worth the investment for no more headaches. I have the paperwork on them if your intrested I can drop it around for you. Anyways hope this helps you out.

Celica RA45
28th October 2009, 08:18 PM
if you put the nylon in the back 4 link rear ends they will lock up
if you look at most ipra race cars they use the std bushes
also by putting the kelway brackets to change the diff angle it will also stuff up the way the rear end moves around
trd still do the harder rubber bushes ,would go this way

Konakid
28th October 2009, 08:39 PM
How do they 'stuff up' the way the rear end moves around?

fixeruperer
28th October 2009, 09:21 PM
sorrys guys, no updates on the new bushes even tho i got them ages ago. I busted my box and its all rebuilt but i havnt put it back in yet. im off the ae86 at the mo but im due for a massive antilag burnout hahah.

thanx brad, ill try these new bushes and see what happends.

traction brackets correct lowered geometry, so when you need them, they help.

Prime86
28th October 2009, 10:10 PM
Heya

No probs mate, I hope they work out ok for you. Your welcome to come over and have a look at mine anytime.

Yeah the people who set my car up in Japan know a thing or 2 about how to setup an 86 for the track;)