PDA

View Full Version : 4K questions

Hazzard
15th September 2009, 09:49 PM
hey guys,
i went for a drive the other night, and while i was going up a hill (about 30 degrees) i had to change back 2 gears. I was doing about 70 k's before i got to the hill.... and i was a bit dissapointed, because i thought the car would be able to get up the hill in third...... anyway, are there any cheap and easy ways of gettin sum extra horsepower out of the kesev?

Cheers,
Hazzard

shift_rook
15th September 2009, 09:50 PM
soo many threads on this dude
have a look through

Hazzard
15th September 2009, 09:51 PM
ok will do

ke70dave
15th September 2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/How_to_build_a_tough_K_motor

here ya go

Hazzard
15th September 2009, 10:24 PM
thanks man, it was a great help

blinded
15th September 2009, 10:38 PM
To be honest I think the best way to get more power from a 4K is to just pull it out and go a 5K in it's place. By the time you say get an exhaust, new carb, and cam for a 4K you could have picked up a running 5K, which is instantly more cc's and heaps more torque :)

Dan_J
16th September 2009, 02:50 PM
there are some free things u can do that actually work
remove emissions- air filter things in the vacum piping, completely remove the egr and bolt up the hole in the zorst manifold left by the egr removal.( use a 3/4' copper/brass plumbing cap from bunnings if u cant find a bolt to fit

as has been stated in the other 4k power threads on dc

resol
16th September 2009, 08:29 PM
^^^ what he said + fully advanced timing, 98 RON fuel (bp ultimate ftw), checked dizzy/plugs/points etc make sure your not losing any unecessary power....

-dan