PDA

View Full Version : bolt sizes

shift_rook
18th September 2009, 08:19 PM
Car - ae86

motor - 4age

use -holding stuff together

problem - don't have any

occurs/started when - i tried putting stuff together and realised it wouldn't hold together without bolts

personal situation - i need sizes for bellhousing bolts, exhaust bolts, gearbox stay bolts, engine mount bolts.

i realise no one really sells bolts, unless you want to sell some, then i'll buy em.

cheers fellas

ROLL3R
18th September 2009, 09:01 PM
Cost less bolts in ringwood..

shift_rook
18th September 2009, 09:03 PM
they'll be able to tell me? i wanted the sizes so i could go in there and be like... BAM!

todd
18th September 2009, 09:54 PM
there was a diagram floating about somewhere on the net of all the bits needed to bolt the T bell to a 4A. dont know where it is, but i can safely say, some are 14 heads and others 17 if that helps at all lol.

Skylar
18th September 2009, 09:58 PM
m12x1.25 on the bigger ones?

shift_rook
18th September 2009, 10:05 PM
yeah i knew the bolt heads, cheers anyway boys, will hope the boys at cost less bolts can help me out

Hen may possibly be a nut
18th September 2009, 10:29 PM
Toyota bolts are fine thread and use unusual head sizes, so they are hard if not impossible to find in normal bolt places. I think Champion do some stuff, you see them in Repco and those sorts of joints.

I reckon your best bet is to spend an afternoon at Pick a Part and get a bucketful of bolts from all sorts of Corollas or find someone about to get a car towed and strip it mercilessly. Then you'll hopefully have everything you'll ever need.

Hen

Sam-Q
19th September 2009, 09:27 AM
I am with Hen on this one, I mean sure the fine pitch bolts are easy enough to get in a high tensile but it's nice to have the integral washer style bolts instead. Self serve wrecker for the win

*E7*
20th September 2009, 12:30 AM
Toyota bolts are fine thread and use unusual head sizes, so they are hard if not impossible to find in normal bolt places. I think Champion do some stuff, you see them in COST LESS BOLTS IN RINGWOOOD :) :) :).

Toyota use the JIS (japanese industrial standards) which means that a M10 bolt has a 14mm head, and a m12 bolt has a 17mm head.

They are standard head sizes for JIS. in Australia and other parts of the world they use ISO standards, which state M10 bolts have a 16mm head, and m12 have an 18mm head. IMHO that makes our bolt head sizes the funny ones...

but i digress...

I reckon your best bet is to spend an afternoon at Dave's (*e7*) Factoryand get a bucketful of bolts from all sorts of Corollas or find someone about to get a car towed and strip it mercilessly. Then you'll hopefully have everything you'll ever need.

Hen

fixed...

Sam-Q
20th September 2009, 12:42 AM
yeah so thats how it works, I wish the whole world would use the jap standard. But I have a few tottaly crazy ideas about threads, I think they should make a new metric standard: it would have jap sized heads but with a witworth profile thread form, best of both worlds.