PDA

View Full Version : Engine Build - Valve Options - Bearing Options - Head Gasket

hitoriko
19th September 2009, 10:37 AM
Hey guys,

Im starting to source bits and pieces for my 4age build and im starting from scratch (as usually is the case) and im wanting to get as many parts myself before sending the engine off to be built.

What im wanting to know is:

Valve Options
Oversized valves for the 16v what are my options? i know that 3SGE ones fit, Ferrea in the US make OS ones but im wanting to know if there are any more options and pricing too.

Bearing Options:
As im most likely going to need my Crank cleaned up what size bearings should i look at are they any benefits or downsides going oversize this includes the rods aswell.

Headgasket:
My block is overbored 40thou and i know i'll need a gasket to suit but because im staying NA what thickness should i get and what brand i mean if theres no differance between Cosmetic/HKS besides price id rather get the cheaper option.

Some of these are noob questions but bare with me im going to get my engine built once and would like t to stay in one piece as long as possible so if i can get info now i can make desicions whenits getting build

cheers

70XIN
19th September 2009, 02:43 PM
Valves: There are a mob in the US (ebay) that sell oversize valves and guides. They have a really good rap with the honda guys, and they are CHEAP in comparison to everything else. I would go them

Bearings: King or ACL. No downsides to going oversized bearings (undersized journals).

Headgasket: Various companies offer an "83mm" bore headgasket for 4A motors, which is probably what you'll need to use.

hitoriko
19th September 2009, 03:47 PM
Do you knwo the name of the company :D

Frak
19th September 2009, 05:50 PM
I heard ACL are in receivers hands, hopefully they won't close em down.

hitoriko
19th September 2009, 05:59 PM
looks like Kings the way for bearings