PDA

View Full Version : Yokohama Advans 185/60 R13

shadow_bunny
12th January 2009, 03:56 AM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/7/6/546441.jpg
got these for cheap. what the hell are they good for? (they seem slippery)
also I don't drift nor drag race. re-sell?

Skid Kid
12th January 2009, 08:38 AM
they are a good tire for any fast paced driving, they may seem alittle slippery because you need to warm them up to get them to their full potential

sundee
12th January 2009, 09:19 PM
their semi slicks.. NG for drift.. well on the rear anyway.. would be good up front but their 13's ive got em but not semi's.. they stick like all hell

ae71
12th January 2009, 09:51 PM
you do realise than new tyres have a wax coating.. the wax it the realise for the mould so when the rubber is basically melted into the mould the tyre will come out without sticking.. the wax also helps to seal the rubber so it doesnt go hard in the months that its in storage until its used.

the first time they are driven on the wax rub off on the road.

depending on the compound they would be a bit slippery from stone cold as well.

id offer to buy them but looks like you in the states??

shadow_bunny
13th January 2009, 12:26 AM
you do realise than new tyres have a wax coating.. the wax it the realise for the mould so when the rubber is basically melted into the mould the tyre will come out without sticking.. the wax also helps to seal the rubber so it doesnt go hard in the months that its in storage until its used.

the first time they are driven on the wax rub off on the road.

depending on the compound they would be a bit slippery from stone cold as well.

id offer to buy them but looks like you in the states??

yea im in the caribbean, sorry. wow, so i have to break them in to get to the stickyness? Anyone know how these might perform in the rain, and if they can be used for daily driving? (the tread pattern screams track-only)

Shahzan
13th January 2009, 01:15 AM
with my experience a semi slick on my car,,,

it can perform in rain but not that well... good for track though, not wet track....

for daily driving,,, it will be a bit noisy to be honest.... semi slick and slick produce a bit of a noise, not that enjoying for every day driving

shadow_bunny
13th January 2009, 01:44 AM
with my experience a semi slick on my car,,,

it can perform in rain but not that well... good for track though, not wet track....

for daily driving,,, it will be a bit noisy to be honest.... semi slick and slick produce a bit of a noise, not that enjoying for every day driving

thanks , i'll definitely have to re-sell these then.
lesson learned: dont buy things just cause they're cheap. :verysad:

Shahzan
13th January 2009, 03:06 AM
not really....

dun buy things that are not neccessary.... semi sleek is neccessary if u love goin on track though