PDA

View Full Version : Clutch master upgrade

slideways
7th October 2009, 03:38 PM
Can anyone recomend a bolt-in uprage for Ae86/T50 clutch master. That will later be used for a W5x box...???

Javal
7th October 2009, 08:11 PM
You won't need to upgrade your clutch master for that.

biggo
7th October 2009, 08:56 PM
No offence or anything, but why the fuck would you need to upgrade a clutch master?

steroidchickens
7th October 2009, 09:29 PM
W series box runs the same slave cylinder as standard ae86 one anyway.

Skylar
7th October 2009, 09:49 PM
No offence or anything, but why the fuck would you need to upgrade a clutch master?

Focus biggo,

your mods list becomes slightly longer. More internet props or something.

slideways
7th October 2009, 09:57 PM
You won't need to upgrade your clutch master for that.

Wasn't asking if I needed too

Heavier clutch, lighter feel

W series box runs the same slave cylinder as standard ae86 one anyway.

Thank you brad for being the only member yet to post USEFUL information.

Focus biggo,

your mods list becomes slightly longer. More internet props or something.

Ae86dc comments at its finest. And everyone wonders why people say we are a bunch of fuck-wits

fantapants
7th October 2009, 10:18 PM
i might have it wrong but i dont think a "upgraded" clutch master will change how heavy a clutch feels without a lot of fucking about.

the heavyness of the clutch is directly related to the stregnth of the pressure plate? A larger master cyclinder would push more fluid for a gievn stroke, But that only means the slave is going further for less pedal length. The pressure applied to move the pressure plate would remain the same.

You would also run he risk of over stroking the slave cylinder?

or have i missed important bits?

slideways
7th October 2009, 10:26 PM
i might have it wrong but i dont think a "upgraded" clutch master will change how heavy a clutch feels without a lot of fucking about.

the heavyness of the clutch is directly related to the stregnth of the pressure plate? A larger master cyclinder would push more fluid for a gievn stroke, But that only means the slave is going further for less pedal length. The pressure applied to move the pressure plate would remain the same.

You would also run he risk of over stroking the slave cylinder?

or have i missed important bits?

Already have a larger slave cylinder.

All I'm interested to know, is if their is another MC that can bolt straight in, with little to no mods.

Delazy
7th October 2009, 10:30 PM
your thinking about it too much...only nissan drivers do that...

bigger badder clutches will cause more problems/breakages than they are worth...smashed gearboxes/diffs/axles...lovely...just stick with the norm like everyone else...the money would be better spent on the gearbox upgrade straight away rather than later or a f series diff pending power levels (if your worrying about bigger clutches than i also assume u need a bigger diff)...

ke70dave
7th October 2009, 11:37 PM
i think you guys have your thinking wrong.

first off, no you dont need to upgrade.

2nd, hydraulic theory

force = pressure/ area. and this is present in both your master and slave. where the pressure is the same. and the force and area are the variable parameters.

if you have a bigger area (ie an "upgraded" item) you will need MORE force to get the same pressure. and also you will need to press the clutch pedal less.

unless you want a shorter "throw" clutch that is twice as hard to push, then sure get a larger one.

fantapants
8th October 2009, 09:51 PM
thats what i ment... thanks for the legible explanation old mte :)