PDA

View Full Version : Overfueling on start up!!

sticks
12th October 2009, 06:14 PM
hey guys and girls, got my engine rebuilt. its a 87 4age JDM and on start up its dumping loads of fuel in number 2 cylinder. any1 know what ive done wrong?? thanks sticks

Golberg
12th October 2009, 06:16 PM
Injector stuck open perhaps?

Try putting the second injector in a different position.

sticks
12th October 2009, 06:32 PM
didnt think injectors could get stuck open, i tried that idea though. i think its possible i pinched a wire to the injectors. thanks anyways man

Skylar
12th October 2009, 11:21 PM
4age injectors, bigport at least, are wired in batch. If one injector is open, all are open.

Get the injectors flow tested?

ke70dave
13th October 2009, 12:55 AM
4age injectors, bigport at least, are wired in batch. If one injector is open, all are open.

Get the injectors flow tested?

unless of course one is stuck opened physically, by a foreign object. or the injector is actaully stuffed.

id try swapping them all around and see what happends.

though if your dumping lots of fuel at startup, you don't specify if it goes away after startup. maybe its your cold start injector thats dumping the fuel? though you specifically say cylinder 2..

sticks
14th October 2009, 06:16 PM
problem found, when i got my head machined and valve stem seals done they put some the wrong way round :(

KE70
15th October 2009, 07:53 AM
problem found, when i got my head machined and valve stem seals done they put some the wrong way round :(
The valves or the stem seals?

I thought the seals were all the same.

sticks
15th October 2009, 10:31 PM
whoops, valves wrong way. mybad

Javal
15th October 2009, 11:15 PM
LOL. I came in here to suggest a leaking injector. That's fucking wak.