PDA

View Full Version : Replacing reverse-light switch

shawn_26
13th October 2009, 12:57 PM
Car - 1988 Kouki Levin coupe

motor - Bigport 4AGE

problem - Reverse lights not working

personal situation - My reverse lights havent been working for a while now. I replaced the lamps in them, but still no luck. Got an auto sparky to have a quick look at it and he confirmed that the problem was the reverse light switch.

Ive since bought a new reverse light switch. Just wanting to know if anyone has changed one before? Where abouts are they located? Whats the best way to go about it? Easy enough to do in my driveway?

Cheers, Shawn.

BigBBQ
13th October 2009, 06:40 PM
on the gearbox with the two wires attatched

Dylan
13th October 2009, 07:55 PM
Easy enough to do in your driveway providing you have a jack + stands.Its on the LHS of the gearbox up top. Jack the front up on stands, remove wires, undo, just be sure the ball inside the gearbox doesnt roll out and you'll be fine.

Hen may possibly be a nut
13th October 2009, 10:51 PM
The problem could also be caused by a missing ballbearing too. If you take out your reverse light switch, then a ball bearing should fall out of the hole too (well, if you tip the box over it'll fall out, a bit hard to do while still in the car). Without this ball, the switch doesn't get pushed like it should and doesn't work.

I drove for years without reverse lights (didn't care much) until I eventually discovered that while stripping some boxes.

Hen

shawn_26
14th October 2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks alot for the replys. Yeah I wouldnt care about not having them, but I have to get them working to pass my roadworthy.

Cheers again.