PDA

View Full Version : Fishing, whos into it.

NathanKe70
12th January 2009, 10:34 PM
thought id start a fishing thread for the fellow fishing lovers out there.
personnaly i like river fishing, catching massive carp whilst getting smashed = good times.

so post up pics of what you or a mate has caught and favourite fishing places.

Trev084
12th January 2009, 10:38 PM
Went to redcliffe the other day and caught a 10" stingray on my sons mini rod.

Jayman
12th January 2009, 11:02 PM
love crabbing at brighton an semaphore... havent caught anything massive just little sandys :p

Toy-Yoda
13th January 2009, 12:15 AM
Floundering is a good way to spend a mild summers evening.........

And then when you get bored, you go to deeper waters and "accidentally" drop a calcium bomb into the water.........

All the flathead and mullet you can eat.......:DD

Axentrik
13th January 2009, 12:16 AM
^^^ does that really work. cuz im too impatient for fishing but i love free food

Jayman
13th January 2009, 12:18 AM
ccalcium bomb? plz pm details :p

Toy-Yoda
13th January 2009, 12:20 AM
^^^ does that really work. cuz im too impatient for fishing but i love free food

Yep, works well. But there are these funny places called "Fish shops" where you can buy all kinds of fish without having to go near water, kinda handy for the lazy.......

ccalcium bomb? plz pm details :p

If you don't already know, you shouldn't ask, (it's illegal you know:rolleyes:), paying attention in science class is always a bonus........:F:

AE86R
14th January 2009, 05:03 AM
yeah went out tonight, got 4 jewies biggest was 11kg and the rest all schoolies.

a couple of days ago went for kingies down near the spit got a good catchful

BouNCE
14th January 2009, 09:18 AM
Freshwater fishing is the go for me...

Every weekend if I can.

Australian Bass mostly... The occasional Barra trip...

ThatsHowWeRoll
14th January 2009, 09:26 AM
I get a kick out of it but i never have the time....

There are some big fish of the walls in ballina....i also go diving along there and actually see what under there and it is amazing how many fish are swiming around.

NathanKe70
14th January 2009, 04:51 PM
good place to fish in adelaide is the torrens near the old adelaide gaol, massive carp and cat fish oh and turtles, kill the carp but throw the cat fish back in. oh and mawson lakes technolagy park, in the little pond under the big sign, really big carp in there.

NathanKe70
14th January 2009, 06:17 PM
sure is, but the torrens is fucked anyway and you cant fix that shit so i usually chuck em back so i can catch em again.

Jdm-Mcc
14th January 2009, 06:26 PM
Went camping on sunday night with a mate and his family we all had lines in the river no-body caught anything except his 5 year old brother who reeled in two decent sized fish on his own. Second time ive been fishing I have no idea what they were.

NathanKe70
14th January 2009, 07:30 PM
post a pic, soon be able to tell you.

addikt
14th January 2009, 08:23 PM
fishings intense i fuking love it,normally go to the resi in the adelaide hill full of red fin,use lewers nearly every cast u pull 1 in we even filmed it haha,and 2 weeks ago caught 2 descent calop at blanchtown

biggo
14th January 2009, 08:45 PM
i went fishing once

Then i woke up!

marvis
14th January 2009, 09:15 PM
I caught crabs.

lo_rolla
14th January 2009, 09:28 PM
I love fishing. I just don't go as often as I should.

If I fished more and gambled / squandered / ate / drank less my fucking AE86 would be done by now.

NathanKe70
14th January 2009, 09:30 PM
fishings intense i fuking love it,normally go to the resi in the adelaide hill full of red fin,use lewers nearly every cast u pull 1 in we even filmed it haha,and 2 weeks ago caught 2 descent calop at blanchtown

haha yer the resi in the hills is sick. never caught calop before, what did you use for bait? very interested in them.

addikt
14th January 2009, 10:27 PM
shrimp man they love it,or yabbys tail if u catch some yabbys.but gota be careful of thoughs damm calp stealing your precious shrimp haha

NathanKe70
15th January 2009, 03:03 PM
cheers man now i know for next time.

Sprinterboy
16th January 2009, 01:31 AM
A mate and I head up to Lake Eucumbme (NSW) a couple of times a year. Both of us have 4wd's and try to make the most of them. always good for Rainbow Trout up there too, good eating. Mainly go for the beer and talking shit part. the fishing is just an excuse

mack 10
17th January 2009, 12:44 AM
good place to fish in adelaide is the torrens near the old adelaide gaol, massive carp and cat fish oh and turtles, kill the carp but throw the cat fish back in. oh and mawson lakes technolagy park, in the little pond under the big sign, really big carp in there.

Noted, really want to do some fishing. I love it but never get the time to do it. Is the good spot by the torrens near the wheir? where that restraunt is?

NathanKe70
17th January 2009, 05:44 PM
near the wheir near the restraunt is a good spot, really big fish there.
but the real good spot is near the old gaol and police barracks just ouuta the city.

RobertoX
18th January 2009, 09:39 AM
Ugh... carp, tastes like crap and full of bones. I like to fish for stuff I can eat :)
A friend of mine gets carp at that place down near the restraunt all the time so it's a good place.

I used to go down to the murray mouth a lot, you can get a fair few different fish but I don't know if it's gotten worse now since the murray has started to dry up more.
Also going squidding is great fun... there are quite a few good spots down south.

Now I've moved to Melbourne and don't know where to go, anybody know of any good fishing spots in vic?

blair
19th January 2009, 08:00 PM
hells yeh!

family business, new tinny!

http://trymax.com.au/gallery.asp

http://trymax.com.au/images/uploaded/gallery/gallery_39_1.jpg

stuartgze
17th August 2009, 08:16 PM
off the rocks on 4.5kg mono in sydney

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/2/0/20910.jpg

enigma
17th August 2009, 09:17 PM
nice fish stuart

im a keen spearfisherman myself. keen but not very good. i use a custom gun made from tassie oak with a riffe trigger and shaft. been a bit cold lately but hoped to get back into it soon

driftke70
17th August 2009, 11:06 PM
i spear fished for a year or 2, had a run in with some tiger sharks now i just snorkel.

bought a new fishing rod a few months ago, been a bit cold but will be going more often, i dont keep fish anymore. Just an excuse to sit in the sun with mates.

Mr Awsome
18th August 2009, 01:24 AM
fishing is the shit. havnt been fishing in a wile, might go once i get the 86 up and running and have some free time. might go hills/torrens will have to con some one in to drive so i can drink.

redsprinter
18th August 2009, 12:12 PM
oh yeah ... fishing thread...

love to do it when im not working on the car... weather is getting warmer now so im gonna start heading out again ... just been to cold aye... like to fish near the national park near stanmore beach .

damo: hit us up next time you go fishing...

stuartgze
18th August 2009, 07:15 PM
I wanna do some spearing fishing this summer. I have never done it though. anyone what stuff is good to use.

driftke70
19th August 2009, 01:00 AM
hand spears are pretty good for beginners, recommend just floating around aiming at random shit for a while, took me 2 weeks to get accurate and it sucks when you hit like the bottom of a fish and it just twists in the water.

Rollin
23rd August 2009, 09:09 PM
hey guys u should check out the fishin thread in SA section on NS its got 60 pages now its intense some good reading im KE70Mike on NS i luv fishin all types as for carp a good little pond up at hallet cove get a heap of big carp and goldfish even the odd tench just on bread an a small float, i fished the patowalunga (pat) down the bay all last summer got a few nice mulloway in there off the locks biggest was bout 10kg

redsprinter
24th August 2009, 02:08 PM
went out this weekend ..near coal cliff station just under the massive bridge.. off the rocks ..

was there all day got nothing.. my bro got a little coral cod of some sort... im thinking of getting a longer fishing rod/reel, sick of my hook snagging .

shinny
27th August 2009, 02:33 PM
we need more pics!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/4/7/21657.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/4/7/21658.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/4/7/21659.jpg

note: the first one isnt me

snapper was caught off of edithburgh,
the shark about 5 kms off kangaroo island

driftke70
27th August 2009, 03:38 PM
tried to catch some saratoga the other day at borumba but no luck, too early in the season me thinks.