PDA

View Full Version : g4 coilovers

khai2298
23rd October 2009, 04:41 AM
hey guys will these fit stock adm ae86? also any feedback and opinions of them? i know u guys will probably think their shit, but i am a uni student and looking for bangs for bucks and not that expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/G4-Adjustable-Coilover-Suspension-TOYOTA-SPRINTER-AE86_W0QQitemZ110447474975QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b72eb91f

thansk guys
khai

AIROCOBRA
23rd October 2009, 07:31 AM
My 10 cents worth , yes they are cheap , but you are getting what you payed for ( maybe ???? ) . I ran them on a Soarer TT hill climb car a while ago , adjustment was vague , spring rate where too firm ( they did swoop to a lower rate ) and I blew several inserts very quickly ( they did replace while under warranty , product had only just come out and they where trying hard to get a good name ) .
So while I would not fault the seller ( definitely honored his commitment ) , the product is definitely not the best , if handling is important to you then I would save my money to something better.

shift_rook
23rd October 2009, 07:34 AM
they're $900 for a reason, they don't spend money on r&d and quality parts, in my opinion you're better off running a shock/spring setup with better dampers than by buyin cheap shit coilovers, then buy proper coilovers when funds allow

Konakid
23rd October 2009, 11:59 AM
Buy some KYB shocks, and some 2nd hand decent rate springs.

Those coilovers are a waste of your money and time.

Modifying cars is properly is not cheap. Im a student too and yes it sucks having no money.

khai2298
23rd October 2009, 01:10 PM
thank you guys :) i know for 900 a hull set of coilovers would have to be cheap, just kinda looking for experience with them, will most probably go with a spring and shock setup till i get off my P plates and do my 4age swap.

cheers, khai