PDA

View Full Version : Corona/Hilux/Pugeot which LCA

ONCE-NA
30th October 2009, 11:34 PM
I've searched but to no avail, How do you get the Corona/Hilux/Pugeot brake setup to work on an AE86? The rotor fouls the AE86 LCA!

-Rod

.ady
31st October 2009, 03:41 AM
stock struts? or ra60?

steroidchickens
31st October 2009, 07:34 AM
i ended up going standard lcas with t3 nrcas. pushes strut away from lca.
i would be intrested to know what you find.

ONCE-NA
31st October 2009, 09:51 AM
the xt130 struts, i'm going to look at different lca and steering arm options although i dont really want to mess with the geometry too much and dont want to be wrecking tyres with heaps of camber

ONCE-NA
31st October 2009, 09:54 AM
oh yeah and the problem was worse with standard (ta22 rca's)

ke70dave
31st October 2009, 10:46 AM
how bad is it? ive seen a few guys grind a bit of the LCA away....to allow the disc to spin freely.

driftke70
31st October 2009, 10:56 AM
xt130 control arms dont give you crazy tyre wear, hell ive run sigmas for 2 years and my tyre wear was fine, the cars weigh like 800kg they dont wear tyres that bad.

ill be bolting this setup together in about a week so ill let you know how i go with the sigma arms, if they hit ill probably cut a bit off and weld like an eliptical shape back on to the tip or something, see what happens i guess.

ONCE-NA
31st October 2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah i've tried grinding some off and it will clear but to get full lock both ways would mean grinding most of the folded over bit and reducing the strength too much.

steroidchickens
31st October 2009, 04:24 PM
when i put it all together without rcas it was fine. as soon as i added the 40mm rcas it diddnt even come close. tried modifying the lca a fair bit but there was no chance.
i had to get the thing out of the garage and the quickest solution was nrcas.
dont really like the amount of track they give.

ONCE-NA
31st October 2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah i just checked the specs, +25 mm each side, my guards would need more work, like bolt on flares. I'm gonna try a different lca and or steering arm and see how I go. Otherwise I'll do the Maza calliper setup instead