PDA

View Full Version : what u think of this setup?

khai2298
31st October 2009, 07:06 PM
hey guys been sourcing 2nd hand sussy parts for my ae86 and found some parts but just wondering how they would work together.

firstly reconditioned TRD blue short stroke rear with 7kg trd springs for the rear.

then KYB excel g short stroke front shock.

asking what front springs should i get for my streeter/occasional skid/drift?

also would mix match trd rear sussy with those KYB fronts and whatever springs work okay?

regards khai

hao.
31st October 2009, 07:16 PM
What height are your rear springs mate? 7Kg rears seem a bit stiff for mainly daily use with a skid every now and then.

I'm running 5Kg/210mm in the rear of mine now and it gets annoying at times (so bumpy).

Maybe try 8Kg front and 6Kg rear springs if you want stiff-ish sussy? They seem to be pretty popular rates to get.

The mix and match front to rear sussy should work fine.

Konakid
31st October 2009, 10:12 PM
8 and 6 is as stiff as you really want to go.

Excel g's will keep up okay with 6kg front springs but not 8's really.

Sam-Q
1st November 2009, 08:13 AM
I hope you have silky smooth roads in bris

marvis
1st November 2009, 11:58 AM
We do not.

khai2298
1st November 2009, 12:30 PM
well i has thinking TRD blue shocks and either 8kg front 6kg rear or 7 front and 5 rear

Konakid
1st November 2009, 12:35 PM
go 7 and 5 with trd blues if you can get them cheap or get bilsteins.

Sam-Q
1st November 2009, 06:14 PM
it never ceases to amaze me how stiff a springs you guys run. My car is significantly slower around corners with 6kg springs compared to 4.9's.

Konakid
1st November 2009, 11:22 PM
Meh, I find it more fun and predictable to drive with stiffer rates.

If you are really interested in going fast run tyres with enough grip to use the stiffer rates to their fullest.

He says for the occasional skid so i recommend the stiffer rate.

What shocks you running sam?

Sam-Q
3rd November 2009, 11:49 AM
well grippy tyres won't help when when they get bounced off the road due to a lack of road following.

I am using a KYB AGX externally adjustable 4 way dampner intended for a Celica GT4, st184 I think it was for the front

for the rear I used to ran an 8 way adjustable kyb agx but I have since changed it to a KYB base model intended for a VH wagon I think it was. So your basic short stroke