PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Question...

Shahzan
1st November 2009, 12:05 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering.. What other alternator apart from original 4AGE could fit in 4AGE? want to get a bigger amp alternator but not too sure from what engine that could fit in 4AGE...

Appreciate for any help :D:D
Shahzan

Nikkojoe
1st November 2009, 10:56 PM
A lot of toyotas from the same era will have the same alternator. I know 7m fit, with the same plug but im not sure what current they output (mostlikely will be the same).

xero
2nd November 2009, 10:15 AM
shouldnt need any more than 85amp alternator, even if you have a diesel battery.

shift_rook
2nd November 2009, 10:31 AM
st185 celica or something? if i could find that dc wikipedia thing i could help

Shahzan
2nd November 2009, 12:15 PM
shouldnt need any more than 85amp alternator, even if you have a diesel battery.

85amp to 90amp and above is what Iam looking for... Just need to know what alternator from what engine or car fits.... Been looking for a while now and not much luck.. :S

Nikkojoe: Trying to look for bigger current output that would fit 4AGE... got a final project plan for the AE86 before i started to move on to my Datsun

Shahzan
2nd November 2009, 12:16 PM
st185 celica or something? if i could find that dc wikipedia thing i could help

I'll make a research with ST185 Celica and see how it goes with fitting and current output
Cheers

WHITCHY
2nd November 2009, 04:46 PM
not sure of the output of 3S alternators, but I had one fitted to my 4A, had to grind it down a bit at the bottom bolt mount as it was too fat. But only a tiny bit.