PDA

View Full Version : Difference between JDM/ADM Struts?

haydenz
6th November 2009, 10:00 PM
Alright, I am heading down the path of cutting up my Struts to get a set of coilovers and I just have a couple of Questions.

1. I'm currently running a set of JDM struts with aftermarket rotors on them. If I cut up a set of ADM struts for the coilovers. The only major difference I know is the solid rotor on ADM and Vented rotor on JDM, and different calipers. So my question is would I be able to use the JDM brake/rotor setup on the ADM struts?

I am asking as a set of JDM struts seem to have a higher price on them compared to the ADM Version.

Cheers, Hayden

shift_rook
6th November 2009, 10:20 PM
they're the exact same as i'm aware

Dom86
6th November 2009, 10:28 PM
Yeh they are the same. JDM may cost more because they are JDM Yo!
If they have brakes on them, the brakes are better and should make them more expensive.

shift_rook
6th November 2009, 10:32 PM
yeah brakes are the only thing

R&D Mechanical
6th November 2009, 10:33 PM
vented disks yo!

hachi_dk
6th November 2009, 11:53 PM
yo!!!!
slot and drill your disks for moar win

Dom86
7th November 2009, 12:27 AM
No no, drill = fail. They tend to crack between the drills when they get excessively hot . Drills ok for road but no good for track.
Slotted is the way to go. RDA do a good set for around $150-$180.

R&D Mechanical
7th November 2009, 01:04 AM
+1 on cross drilled, fuck that shit lol

blake.
7th November 2009, 01:31 PM
i had a problem with the axle on the adm struts being to short to put jdm brakes on them, i'll post pics when i get on my home computer,

there was like a half inch differance makeing me unable to screw the wheel bearing nut on.

djscheppy
16th November 2009, 06:16 PM
jdm brakes were a straight swap for the ADM brakes.
Though i run the jdm slotted/vented rotors now.
I was under the impression that the JDM brake clamps were wider allowing you to run vented rotors.

Could be mistaken.

Rice86
16th November 2009, 06:21 PM
if ADM and JDM struts are then same then...that means.....I HAVE JDM STURTS YO!!!

now thats out of the way...

i really didnt have anything better to do thus this post is pointless