PDA

View Full Version : panhard

Ke70alex
12th November 2009, 08:13 PM
excessive movement of my panhard. I think the rubbers may just be worn, but it is moving around alot and fthe back end feels very loose when im driving

Dan_J
12th November 2009, 08:34 PM
unbolt it and have a look, not hard. if u hit a gutter it mite have bent something else

Javal
12th November 2009, 08:43 PM
unbolt it and have a look, not hard. if u hit a gutter it mite have bent something else

You don't need to unbolt the thing to inspect the bushes, and they can be a prick to get back on as well.

Just get under there and have a look. If they're cracked or split, replace them.

Keep in mind there are quite a few bushes in the rear end and they are most probably WAY past their used by date (unless they've been changed, which is super rare unless an enthusiast owned it previously), so they won't be helping the 'play' you describe.

ROLL3R
12th November 2009, 11:30 PM
On the subject of Panhard rods. The Whiteline Adjustable (off car) Panhard rod. How do people mount this with the bend facing downwards( /------- ) or the bend facing upwards ( \______ )? I spoke to whiteline and they said it is ment to be mounted with the bend downwards though it looks like it will foul on the exhaust if this is done. Mine is currently Mounted with the bend upwards.
Any thoughts?

todd
12th November 2009, 11:37 PM
mine is mounted bend 'facing upwards' as u describe to clear the exhaust. its a piece of cock anyway, will be getting rid of it for an AJPS on car adjustable.

off car adjustable is just a massive friggen headache.

ROLL3R
12th November 2009, 11:54 PM
I agree that it is a royal pain in the ass to adjust and even more of a pain to re-install. I would like to eventually upgrade to an on car adjustable in the future. But for now i have to deal with it. Problem being i cant adjust it any further then it is now as my rear end setup is so tight with short stroke shocks.

Ke70alex
13th November 2009, 08:59 PM
cheers lads