1988whitey
16th November 2009, 06:35 PM
just went w series gearbox in my ae71.

my diff is back to standard 3:9 ratio.

im pretty sure that it because im using the w series sender
but to change the sender im going to have to open the box
to change both sides wont i???

so who has the quick fix to this delemer cos right now
when im doing 60kmph road speed the speedo is saying 90kmph.

and yes i realise im not going to get done for speeding but i would
still like it to be abit closer to the 10% that is factory lol

all help is welcome thanks guys

lolwat
16th November 2009, 06:45 PM
take it to a tacho dude(exactly what i got told at work when i asked how do you adjust your speedo)

Javal
16th November 2009, 07:08 PM
Post more details of your powertrain please. You should be using the template at any rate.

The RIGHT way to do it is to do either of these:

1 - Get a speedo drive to suit your gearbox from a vehicle which has the same family gearbox as yours and the same diff ratio as your car

2 - Change your diff ratio to suit the speedo drive, which is silly unless you want to change your diff ratio.

1988whitey
16th November 2009, 10:26 PM
ok sweet as just if i got the new sender dont they have to open the box to install it?? i was told that it reads form the inside of the box??? am i wrong???
even so would a t series sender work providing i can put it in from outside the box???

and with the diff gears i would have to go smaller than 3:9 which is already the stock diff ration for my speedo.

and i got a feeling that a dash bloke is going to want to charge me an arm and a leg.

and im unsure as to what box it is to it was just sold to me as a supra box.

sorry to be a pain just i asume that their is a real quick fix cos i reakon im not the first to have this problem i do apprecitate your help and ideas but.

Andy San
16th November 2009, 11:04 PM
you can change the gear drive on the outside of the box, but there is an internal gear that needs changing as well, and i am not sure if a t-series one will fit a w series box.

you can get little adaptor boxes to correct the speedo reading, (saw a link posted up the other day but can't find it now) this will probalby be the easiest way to correct it, as you could stuff around for ages with speedo gears and still not get it right.

1988whitey
17th November 2009, 05:25 AM
that sounds like the easy fix i was after. Thanks andy. So im assumin that the adaptor just attaches to the speedo or speedo cable some how?↲
I will look in to it let you guy know how i go.