PDA

View Full Version : ae86 20v wiring anyone want to help

dtour
20th November 2009, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I need help wiring up my sprinter i have had a couple of quotes and lets just say i cant afford what they are asking, so if anyone has any expertise in this area there is a box of grog and a BBQ for the help.
also an excuse to meet some of you guys as i havnt been a member here long.
If someone has a similar setup that i could look at that would be a bit help.
BTW: i live in Epping, NSW

WHAT IS LEFT...

The remaining work on the sprinter is the wiring for the alternator has to be extended to reach around to the opposite side to the originals location. The original wiring loom had a voltage regulator that is now not necessary as the 4AGE alternator has an inbuilt voltage reg. So the wiring for the voltage regulator needs to be removed? Reconnected ?

The second part of the wiring that needs attention is the integration of the adaptronic ECU, this has already been wired up to the motor so all that is needed is to make the final connections to the body harness and the relays for the thermo fan and fuel pumps.

The final stage of wiring that needs to be done is the fuel pump and thermo fan relays. Currently there is no wiring or relays.

Please PM me if anyone is keen?

Cheers,
Jon

redsprinter
20th November 2009, 03:58 PM
hi mate.

would love to help you but i no nothing about wiring up ae86. However have you tired Sprinterman or Golberg? both can do what you need at a decent price . details can be found on the nsw section uptop with the other sticky threads.

john.

Jonny Rochester
20th November 2009, 08:56 PM
I did all these jobs on my own AE86. It is probably the hardest bit of building your car, for some people.

With my alternator, I didn't just extend all the wires. I had it wired into the RH harness.