PDA

View Full Version : Adaptronic wiring to 20v?

DAMO46
25th November 2009, 03:17 PM
Hey fellas

I cant seem to wire up the Adaptronic ecu to my stock AE86 loom.

Any help?

Cheers

Skylar
25th November 2009, 05:27 PM
Are you asking:
a: whether which wires go where?
b: how to connect wires from one loom to another?
c: where one should take his car/looms for it to get done by someone else?

DAMO46
25th November 2009, 06:19 PM
lol just basically if there are any diagrams, or if not i have the list of what wires what just anyone that has done this that can throw some advice out..

H8CHIR6KU
25th November 2009, 06:58 PM
yeah best advice go to the adaptronic web site downlaod the installation files and read them. follow their steps and diagram and see how easy it really is

Jonny Rochester
25th November 2009, 07:16 PM
I was almost finished my Adaptronic / 20v months ago before winter got to me.

Generaly, if you have to ask the question, the job it just too big and hard for you. It is not a simple question and answer, it is a project.

If you are starting with a AE86 SR spec (4A-C originaly), then you mostly leave the body loom alone. The wire from the 20v motor to the ECU you make yourself, and end up with a ECU loom which is mostly seperate.

I have chosen to use Toyota relays in their factory 4A-GE location to power the fuel pumps and ECU and ignition and stuff. Because I am crazy. Few do this.

There are lots of places on a car to get a power wire. Battery, or ignition switch etc... lots of options as to how many relays you use. Many different ways will work. I like to study the factory diagrams and set it up with similar logic. That way you know the ignition switch is actualy going to turn off the motor and fuel pump etc. And the ECU will not be left on for 24hr a day.

Hen may possibly be a nut
25th November 2009, 08:41 PM
1 - Get AE86 wiring diagram (from the back of the service manual, or there are about 1000 floating round the net)
2 - Get 20V wiring diagram (club4ag tech pages, or many other places)

Spend a few evenings ovrer a quiet beer working out what's what. Connect needed things from AE86 body (eg BATT, IG+, etc) to 20V. Then do skids.

It takes some time to work out how it all works, especially if it's the first time you've worked with wiring diagrams. But it's worth it.

Hen

DAMO46
25th November 2009, 11:37 PM
its a jdm ae86 so has that loom and the ecu is from kazien and is pretty much conected just need to connect 8 wires to the cars loom..

Jonny Rochester
26th November 2009, 12:13 AM
But... you are saying it has a 20 valve in it now? Probably still better to make a new loom from scratch. Or just buy a loom from Anthony at Kazien.

DAMO46
26th November 2009, 12:33 AM
oh sorry jonny it does have the stock in car loom im saying with a loom from ant from kazien already made up

Jonny Rochester
26th November 2009, 12:50 AM
Even if it was only 3 wires, you realy need to be smart with wiring. I am guessing you need someone to do it for you. No use us explaining it.

DAMO46
26th November 2009, 12:57 AM
okay cool, do you know roughly what i should be up for so i dont get roughted?

Jonny Rochester
26th November 2009, 09:04 AM
It's not a set job. It could take 15min or 6 hours.

Hen may possibly be a nut
26th November 2009, 08:15 PM
While I am not an auto elec, personally I absolutely hate trying to take an "already finished" loom and connect the "few wires" to get it running. If you don't know what's in the loom and how it's run then it's often guesswork.

If it's from Kaizen, try giving Anthony a call and having a chat or see if he has a wiring diagram you could use.

Hen