PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove an SC12 supercharger from a 4AGZE?

Doylie
26th November 2009, 04:40 PM
I'm in the midst of my engine swap at the moment, and I'm about to put on a fresh SC12, but for the life of me I can figure out how to get the old one off! I've removed every visible bolt (as far as I can see), so it seems like all that is holding it on is the pulley. Can someone tell me how to get this off so I can remove the unit?

Thanks,
Mark

slide86
26th November 2009, 05:42 PM
remove the inlet and pressure pipe first, and the drive belt

there are two nuts that are on studs at the top

and the long pivot bolt that goes through the bottom

it should come off then, it might be tight at the bottom where the long bolt went through. use a large screwdriver to lever it off the mount

JUG-HEAD
26th November 2009, 05:47 PM
took me fukn ages to figure how to get mine off, but im stupid so you might have better luck then me! lol

Doylie
26th November 2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas. The part i'm struggling with is actually removing the drive belt. Can someone elaborate on that for me a bit?

Nikkojoe
26th November 2009, 06:18 PM
loosen the front 14mm nut on the idler/tensioner
loosen the bolt on top of the tensioner (look directly above the idler and you will see it)
remove belt

Hen may possibly be a nut
26th November 2009, 08:11 PM
Nikkojoe is on the money about the belt.

Even with everything removed, it can be tight in the lower mount, and you may need to insert a screwdriver/crowbar between the block and blower to lever it out down there.

Nothing about the whole exercise is too tricky though, no hidden bolts or easily broken things.

Hen