PDA

View Full Version : how to change lsd center

evil86
8th December 2009, 06:51 PM
hey guy, is there any how to do thread on changing centers. can anyone give me some tip and pointers.... i want to put a kouki lsd in a ra40 diff housing thats got a open center

cheers.

Javal
8th December 2009, 07:18 PM
hey guy, is there any how to do thread on changing centers. can anyone give me some tip and pointers.... i want to put a kouki lsd in a ra40 diff housing thats got a open center

cheers.

Kouki LSD will not fit RA40 axles.

Kouki Axles will fit the Kouki LSD but not the RA40 Housing

You would need to modify the Kouki Axles to suit the RA40 Bearings and Retaining plates and then fit them to the RA40 housing in order to make it fit.

A Zenki LSD Center will go straight in.

SO, your procedure is now as such:

Step 1, sell Kouki LSD
Step 2, buy Zenki LSD
Step 3, ??????
Step 4, Profit.

There is a very current thread floating around on how to change the diff center.

Search before posting in the tech questions, and use the template next time.

evil86
9th December 2009, 07:12 AM
sorry about confusion. what i was ment to say was.

i want to use my kouki lsd and put in a a ra40 diff center. i know that ra40 are made for zenki, but just want to know if kouki lsd will fit

Javal
9th December 2009, 09:01 AM
I can't give you a definite answer on that one, however i see no reason why not.

Rice86
9th December 2009, 09:23 AM
all T series diff center housing are the same, no doubt...so im going to say yeah brah LSD will fit...just make sure ur axles fit the LSD then go for gold

as for tips...no idea haha

Golberg
10th December 2009, 06:02 PM
As rice86 has just said, the axles have to match the centre, everything else should work. But your RA40 centre will have a shit ratio of either 3.9 or 4.1.

evil86
10th December 2009, 08:21 PM
thanks for that

.ady
10th December 2009, 08:25 PM
if it dnt fit sell me kouki lsd :D