PDA

View Full Version : 4agze loom problem [MEL]

mong
15th December 2009, 07:19 PM
Has anyone in Melbourne done a 4agze conversion?

It would be great if I can get a hand on any important diagrams or help from other members. The engine is in but the wires are all around the place.

Im having problems connecting the rest of the wires not knowing which one is which.

I understand that the loom has to be extended to reach the ecu if I want to put it back into the original place in the AE86.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Hen may possibly be a nut
15th December 2009, 08:33 PM
Get a wiring diagram for your engine (club4ag tech section has them)
Get a wiring diagram for your car (ae86 manual has some sweet foldout ones in the back, found on aeu86.org or many other sites around the place)

Become good friends with these wiring diagrams. Work out what you need to run where, then slowly go at it with a soldering iron or crimps and a bos of heatshrink. There's no quick, easy, reliable way of doing it (short of paying a pro lots).

Hen

mong
16th December 2009, 12:11 AM
Thanks Hen

One more thing.
anyone currently driving a 4agze that would have time to show me what everything is like.
Anyone in melbourne?

Additionally, does anyone know if the jdm car is wired differently from the eu/au versions?

Chrisso
18th December 2009, 10:39 AM
Additionally, does anyone know if the jdm car is wired differently from the eu/au versions?

Yes and yes. They're wired differently but the wiring diagram has all the variations in it.