View Full Version : What SHould i Get

corknose
18th January 2009, 04:29 PM
A ke70 no rust new paint all eningeeredect with a 4ag or an Ae86 4ag lil rust paint is kinda ruff not engineered for the same price?

boky
18th January 2009, 04:33 PM
ke70 for sure

corknose
18th January 2009, 04:34 PM
even if its 7500?

marvis
18th January 2009, 04:34 PM
I'd go the KE70. Will handle the same, if not better.

Link to both cars? Would have to be a crazy good KE70 for that.

corknose
18th January 2009, 04:35 PM
i was more convinced on the ke as i like the look but i would had thought the hachi would of handled better

marvis
18th January 2009, 04:38 PM
IMO KE70 has a stiffer body. Just a lot of 'tax' on the AE86's and everyone thinks they are top shit.

Links on cars so we can assist further.

corknose
18th January 2009, 04:39 PM
well its rhys. ae86 and gunmetalgreys ke70

corknose
18th January 2009, 04:41 PM
yeh thats it

marvis
18th January 2009, 04:46 PM
KE70 for sure. If they want 7.5 k for it see if you can get it a bit cheaper. Pretty nice package but.

corknose
18th January 2009, 04:48 PM
yeh well the didnt wanna sell anymore but he was asking 7300 so i said does 7500 help and he goes yeh so i might just pay him the price i offerd:peek:

marvis
18th January 2009, 04:58 PM
Fair enough. Let us know how it goes!

cfly
18th January 2009, 09:29 PM
just spotted 2 decent looking ke70's today, one on my street. think i'l be leaving a note under the wiper soon:DD

corknose
18th January 2009, 09:32 PM
where u live?

drift kid
18th January 2009, 09:38 PM
personally tha ke70 sounds better

Trev084
18th January 2009, 10:04 PM
No point spending 7500 on a car that still needs work, You could still spend another 5k on it to get it just as good as the ke70.

cfly
18th January 2009, 10:07 PM
where u live?

north Perth dude

corknose
18th January 2009, 10:09 PM
bugger lol

Shahzan
19th January 2009, 03:06 PM
get ke70.... its betta

rthy
19th January 2009, 04:55 PM
yea i go the 70 only cos it sounds like it needs less work, + engineers is like $800

joeschmo_57
20th January 2009, 01:57 PM
good man.

got any plans, or just going to drive it?

Rice86
22nd January 2009, 08:53 AM
so did u get one of them cars yet?...updates?...

shinobi
22nd January 2009, 01:56 PM
Sorry to crush popular belief but Ketos dont handle better than ae86's otherwise there'd be ketos in D1 and shit and the rigidness is only a matter of opinion, I have never seen any real proof of this at all..

I'd go the ae86, will always give you a better return when you sell it..

Matt-AE86
22nd January 2009, 03:04 PM
Just a lot of 'tax' on the AE86's and everyone thinks they are top shit.

Links on cars so we can assist further.

There is a reason for that, obviously you are blinded by the light of studio 54.

slydar
22nd January 2009, 05:36 PM
Sorry to crush popular belief but Ketos dont handle better than ae86's otherwise there'd be ketos in D1 and shit and the rigidness is only a matter of opinion, I have never seen any real proof of this at all..

I'd go the ae86, will always give you a better return when you sell it..

sorry to crush your theory but its pretty damned flawed.

really theres not much in it. but ive owned both and ke's are great. definitely stiffer than ae86 hatch backs. this is simply applied engineering principles.

2 door coupes are never as stiff as their 4 door counter part. the hole in the side of the structure is much larger.

also the hatch area is another huge area with no bracing. on a ke (and 86 coupe) this area is tied together by the parcel shelf.

this doesnt really mean a ke is a better buy, but it does mean its quite fair to argue its a better car as far as handling goes. backed up by a lot of people whove owned and driven both.

either way, lets say its x amount stiffer, and so x amount a slighty better drivers car.

the trade off is re sale. also aerodynamics and wind noise.

styling is 100% subjective. i like both. i also like Ferrari's and 20's fords.

people saying 86s are over prices. well. ke's must be then to.

lets say you buy a decent ke. by todays prices, you need to spend about $1000 on parts to get it up to mehanical spec of an aussie 86. im talking struts with brakes, and a full ae71 gearbox conversion.

youre still looking at about $1800. easy. about the same as youd spend on an ae71 with some spare 86 struts to coil over.

so really. youre a grand behind what an aussie 86 is worth. + the parts arent even in the car, and you have to hunt them up.

$1000 is nothing when youre realistically preparing to spend at least 5 grand, more like 8, to get it up to speed.

corknose
22nd January 2009, 09:26 PM
so did u get one of them cars yet?...updates?...

hey yeh ll probs just be driving it i havnt got it yet as i have to get the funds for it but should be soon , maybe get chrome or jsut shorten the bumpers and get quads

shinobi
23rd January 2009, 01:02 AM
sorry to crush your theory but its pretty damned flawed.

really theres not much in it. but ive owned both and ke's are great. definitely stiffer than ae86 hatch backs. this is simply applied engineering principles.

2 door coupes are never as stiff as their 4 door counter part. the hole in the side of the structure is much larger.

also the hatch area is another huge area with no bracing. on a ke (and 86 coupe) this area is tied together by the parcel shelf.

this doesnt really mean a ke is a better buy, but it does mean its quite fair to argue its a better car as far as handling goes. backed up by a lot of people whove owned and driven both.

either way, lets say its x amount stiffer, and so x amount a slighty better drivers car.

the trade off is re sale. also aerodynamics and wind noise.

styling is 100% subjective. i like both. i also like Ferrari's and 20's fords.

people saying 86s are over prices. well. ke's must be then to.

lets say you buy a decent ke. by todays prices, you need to spend about $1000 on parts to get it up to mehanical spec of an aussie 86. im talking struts with brakes, and a full ae71 gearbox conversion.

youre still looking at about $1800. easy. about the same as youd spend on an ae71 with some spare 86 struts to coil over.

so really. youre a grand behind what an aussie 86 is worth. + the parts arent even in the car, and you have to hunt them up.

$1000 is nothing when youre realistically preparing to spend at least 5 grand, more like 8, to get it up to speed.

Sorry I drive a sedan AE86 (GT-APEX) FTW owned two hatches and two KETO's, and if there is an Aussie Keto that handels better than an AE86 I am yet to see this... AE86's are renowned for their handling not so much KETO's, Generally they handle better..

driftke70
23rd January 2009, 02:06 AM
your on acid dude, go take a closer look at what he said, the coupes and ke70s are more rigid in the rear shelf area = more rigidity, if a hatch has a decent cage or braces and crap it will be similar.

Can think of about 10 ketos off the top of my head that will handle better, generally..

marvis
23rd January 2009, 02:22 AM
Fuck some ae86 drivers are up themselves.

driftke70
23rd January 2009, 02:34 AM
yeah it never made any sense to me, not even remotely argue worthy

Mudkip
23rd January 2009, 09:21 AM
Just buy mine, I have better bits and an LSD, all engineered :)

slydar
23rd January 2009, 09:42 AM
Sorry I drive a sedan AE86 (GT-APEX) FTW owned two hatches and two KETO's, and if there is an Aussie Keto that handels better than an AE86 I am yet to see this... AE86's are renowned for their handling not so much KETO's, Generally they handle better..

i know what you drive. nice car. but anyway, ive explained it in simple terms. theres no mystery to it. the cars are almost identical as far as geometry. i mean, the suspension components are 100% interchangeable? its not something you can argue about, its fact.

then the body. ill break it down. think of a circular object. then, think of a circular object, with a reinforcement bar across the middle of it. which one is going to be harder to deform if a load is applied? its easy to answer. the one with the reinforcement is stronger. this is you 86. and a ke70. one has a massive opening in the side, with no reinforcement, the other, a nice B pillar right in the middle of it.

have you driven a fully set up ke? i have. in fact, at once stage ive taken all my parts, out of my last imported ae86, and put them into a ke. almost perfect back to back testing. result? the ke, much more fun to drive. lighter and more responsive.. yep, ke's are actually lighter too...

i just dont understand why this is so hard for you to swallow. its not like you designed the 86 man, you just drive one. like, its the same bloke who designed both cars.

im only going to the trouble of replying so that you may learn to not be such a harsh critic every time these topics pop up. it just makes you sound a bit silly man :)

shinobi
24th January 2009, 01:21 AM
What Im trying to say is even if they are that tiny bit more rigid that is just something you would not be able to notice and still wouldnt justify an KETO but over a AE86.. You loose money on AE86's as it is I would hate to think how much money you'd loose in the long run if you sold and KETO that you had modded extensively to handle like an AE86..

shinobi
24th January 2009, 01:23 AM
Fuck some ae86 drivers are up themselves.

I was an asshole when i drove a KETO too..

Some of us moved on..

driftke70
24th January 2009, 01:26 AM
if your worried about how much money your going to loose, your not building for the right reasons. The handling is something you notice, the extra money you spend on an 86 in the first place is that justifiable. I wouldn't go out and buy a ke for the specific reason it handles better, mine has a full cage so if it was floppy it wouldn't matter, but at the end of the day, bang for buck the ke is better. If you wanna jerk off over jdm option and sleep a little better, go get a ae86 notch back levin gt apex twin cam 16 valve.

driftke70
24th January 2009, 01:32 AM

Some of us moved on..

you moved on, but your still a douche bag.

ive been doing some teaching lately, just reminds me of the kids in the play ground, oh yeah well well well well my dads 60, oh yeah mines 600 zillion quadrozillion and 75.

You bought your car for your reasons, you obviously cant drive very well, your opinions arnt worth reading. So post at your leisure, everyone has already made their opinion.

shinobi
24th January 2009, 01:34 AM
your on acid dude, go take a closer look at what he said, the coupes and ke70s are more rigid in the rear shelf area = more rigidity, if a hatch has a decent cage or braces and crap it will be similar.

Can think of about 10 ketos off the top of my head that will handle better, generally..

Big whoop you can think of a whole ten Keto's that have decent handling...
There are Thousands of AE86's that handle awesome and I could be here forever listing them off... Like I said GENERALLY THEY HANDLE BETTER and that is fact!!!

driftke70
24th January 2009, 01:42 AM
v8 super cars are sic,

shinobi
24th January 2009, 01:46 AM
you moved on, but your still a douche bag.

ive been doing some teaching lately, just reminds me of the kids in the play ground, oh yeah well well well well my dads 60, oh yeah mines 600 zillion quadrozillion and 75.

You bought your car for your reasons, you obviously cant drive very well, your opinions arnt worth reading. So post at your leisure, everyone has already made their opinion.

Watever man, your ke70 is the best handling car in the world and I can judge by your post alone that you're an awesome driver... Don't talk shit about builds coz mine will put yours to shame..

driftke70
24th January 2009, 01:53 AM
ill ask skaifey tomorrow

shinobi
24th January 2009, 02:00 AM
Well being the worlds best driver you should know him presonally..

driftke70
24th January 2009, 02:01 AM
we live in share accommodation, hes sleeping at the moment.

Im only asking him cause he keeps my confidence high, he always tells me im the best after i beat him at ice hockey

marvis
24th January 2009, 10:06 PM

Some of us moved on..
I don't drive a KE70?

Frak
24th January 2009, 10:17 PM
When it comes down to picking what car is the best, it's generally going to be an emotive decision, I mean why would you build up a car if you didn't like it?

I say get what ya like and be happy.....shit there are guys building up volvos:S

I have the cars/bikes I own cos I like them and no amount of argument from anyone else would change my mind, I imagine you are all the same.

get one or the other(ke70/ae86) but get the one YOU like :)

joeschmo_57
24th January 2009, 10:27 PM
we live in share accommodation, hes sleeping at the moment.

Im only asking him cause he keeps my confidence high, he always tells me im the best after i beat him at ice hockey

when he wakes, do you recon i could get his autograph and his number?
clearly my hero

driven a fairly setup turbo ae86 with s14? coilover etc.
drove my old keto with old cheap pedders crap in it.
keto felt better around corners. i thought it felt more predictable sideways as well as. could jsut be me.

man, have you checked out driftke70's build? he definately knows his shit.

stanzzza
24th January 2009, 10:27 PM
buy my car,

86 with no tak tax!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=18761#post18761

shinobi
25th January 2009, 05:57 AM
I don't drive a KE70?

i didnt say you did?

slydar
25th January 2009, 12:25 PM
What Im trying to say is even if they are that tiny bit more rigid that is just something you would not be able to notice and still wouldnt justify an KETO but over a AE86.. You loose money on AE86's as it is I would hate to think how much money you'd loose in the long run if you sold and KETO that you had modded extensively to handle like an AE86..

not notice? dude, if you actually read what i wrote. i said i drove an 86 and a ke back to back with the same parts, and i could notice a very big difference.

loose money on an 86? never have. made money on my ke too. sorry bro. youre doing it wrong.

ae86hachiroku
25th January 2009, 01:15 PM
LOL! This makes no sense whatsoever.

The AE86 just handles better generally just because it does. WTF?

slydar just outlined the basic facts of why a KE is a stiffer car, how you make it handle is the parts you put into it, but as a base chassis, they are quite the same, a KE being that little bit better.

There are more AE86's because firstly, there's Initial D, it's an easier car to start modding (opposed to the KE where some bits need to swapped around and such). And arguably a nicer looking car than a KE.

But at the end of the day, if none of those matter to you, a KE is most definately the better base, it's cheaper, there's less cosmetics to look for, and easier to replace the shell. I drive an 86 and I know this. But I like the looks so what can you do.

And seriously dude, trying to put other peoples car build down and saying how good yours is, that's pretty dog.

shinobi
25th January 2009, 02:04 PM
LOL! This makes no sense whatsoever.

The AE86 just handles better generally just because it does. WTF?

slydar just outlined the basic facts of why a KE is a stiffer car, how you make it handle is the parts you put into it, but as a base chassis, they are quite the same, a KE being that little bit better.

There are more AE86's because firstly, there's Initial D, it's an easier car to start modding (opposed to the KE where some bits need to swapped around and such). And arguably a nicer looking car than a KE.

But at the end of the day, if none of those matter to you, a KE is most definately the better base, it's cheaper, there's less cosmetics to look for, and easier to replace the shell. I drive an 86 and I know this. But I like the looks so what can you do.

And seriously dude, trying to put other peoples car build down and saying how good yours is, that's pretty dog.

I have driven all corollas too so STFU

I only dissed that guy about his build cos he said I dont know shit about building an AE86...

Also he said Some shit about not being a tight ass when you build a car when I was only putting in my opinion what would be best for some broke ass kid to do..

And slydar You always will loose some money when you build up a ADM86 or KETO to drift spec, and I bought my GT APEX notch levin (the most rigid of all RWD corollas) for 6k and right now could sell it for an easy 15k and It just makes me laugh to think that you could or anyone else justify buying an Ugly ass KETO over an AE86 hatch because of this super human Rigidness sense you seem to possess.. I would rather buy a wobbly ass AE86 hatch buy a 100dollar floor brace and rear strut brace...

ae86hachiroku
25th January 2009, 02:22 PM

He said you couldn't drive, not that you can't build one (you obviously do seeing the quality parts you got for it)

Everyone isn't really denying the claims that a Coupe GT-Apex isn't the stiffest Corolla out there, but you haven't really provided any truthful facts as to why it is, as opposed to everyone elses about KE70's. This is what makes your argument flawed.

Some may argue that the KE70's look better, or a Ferrari looks better than a AE86, who cares, but at the end of the day, just try not to offend others about it.

This is the arguing and pointless digs at others that Nick mentioned in the other thread about this forum, it's got to stop.

slydar
25th January 2009, 02:42 PM
dude. please? youre the one who jumped in here speaking your jive dissing those cars. all i did was tell you youre wrong. i felt the need to do this, because of your tone. its just comes off a bit impolite, and so i served it back to you.

personally, im not gonna choose a ke over an 86 cos its stiffer. ill build which ever one i feel like at the time.

im building a 71 next. late front, fender mirrors. wide 13s. gutted. why? cos if feel like building one. and cos ive got the parts literally "lying around". i expect to sell it for about double what it costs. and itll will be a great deal for whoever buys it.

re loosing money. nah. sorry. i didnt. on any of my last 3 86's or the ke. its as simple as that. my current car. total spent 6 maybe 7. would get 9 for it in less than a month. if i did a few things, 11/13 would be possible. fully built car, nothing missing.

also. you bought your coupe for 6? well done, nice buying :) you think youll get 15 for it easy though? nah. maybe dude.. if you hang out for a LONG time. theres a built 7age powered coupe that looks to be in the same condition as yours, its an apex too.. and the dudes had it advertised for around that, for months. 15k is top coin, for any 86. i can tell you from experience. im not saying its not worth it, but they just dont sell easy.

price an 86 between 7-9, as long as it has most of the essentials(ge, coilies, nice Japanese rims with decent offset), and itll sell pretty fast. 10 and over, no matter how much extra coin youve put in.. there just arent as many buyers out there. some really fast SR ect power cars sell relatively quickly at around 10/11, but thats cos they attract different types of buyers too.. people who just want something fast, who are not necessarily 86 fans.

the "investment" to return ratio falls away hard around the 9k point. if youre smart, you can build an 86, and even if youre inexperienced, as long as you research and buy smart, you can build a fun capable car under 10, and not loose more than 10/20% of what you put in. the more hook ups you have, the cheaper you can do it. obviously if youre really fussy about things, this isnt the case. but then if youre fussy, youre probably aware it costs more to get what you want, and expect to loose some money. this is the trade off.

shinobi
26th January 2009, 03:55 PM

He said you couldn't drive, not that you can't build one (you obviously do seeing the quality parts you got for it)

Everyone isn't really denying the claims that a Coupe GT-Apex isn't the stiffest Corolla out there, but you haven't really provided any truthful facts as to why it is, as opposed to everyone elses about KE70's. This is what makes your argument flawed.

He said I build a car for the wrong reasons so that is talking shit about my build. And why defend an idiot that tells someone they cant drive when they haven't even met them? Im no tsuchiya but I can drive pretty well. And it is obvious that the Coupe GT-Apex is the stiffest cos not only does it have the magical parcel shelf but only 2 doors not 4 making the hole smaller dude... the argument is over.

shinobi
26th January 2009, 04:02 PM
Slydar I know all this shit.. I import cars on a regular basis and I always make money. Just made 15k on a R34 last week. I just know alot of dudes that build up KE's and ADM 86's and they lose money all the time when they sell. I could get 14k for mine I have a few customers that have offered me money for It. Also I live in SA and theres not as many imports down here, there easier to sell..

rthy
26th January 2009, 04:20 PM
laptimes or all ur internet banter is just hot air

shinobi
26th January 2009, 04:23 PM
Haha.. laptimes If you want laptimes I'd be driving my EVO not my 86..

rthy
26th January 2009, 05:30 PM
its all good if the xe7x is more riddged than the ae86, but does it go around a track faster is another question... unless u like going in stright lines...

and where not talking about ur evo

ae86
26th January 2009, 05:39 PM
alot of non ae86 owners are assholes n stuckup too... who in hell knows why

Vance
26th January 2009, 05:59 PM
argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue argue

dont feed the obvious trolls. let them get back under their bridges harassing goats where they belong

addikt
26th January 2009, 06:31 PM
ke70 imo,ive owned 2 ae86s and now i have a ke70 that i am more happy with,although a mint jap spec 86 would be what i would only get.

Frak
26th January 2009, 07:12 PM
This argument is hilarious, I guess there is one thing the KE70 will never be that the AE86 is.......ICONIC

and not because of Initial D, this year is my 15th of AE86 ownership, what I remember about my first memories of ae86 are clubman cup series, N1, N2, Group A ,Ti racing. Initial D wasn't even out back then. I guess if your under 25 you will associate an AE86 with Initial D.

There have been countless dvd, books, magazines, videos etc etc on the AE86 many many before initial D and most with nothing to do with initial d, best motoring vol 41, 42, ae86 club vol 1-9.....no mention of initial d(it's common for ke owners to mention initial d as to why the ae86 is so popular).

Aslong as both parties post on this forum I guess the argument will never be settled.

For me personally, I like 2 door cars, and for me personally I think the AE86 is a substantially better looking car......but each to his own, imagine if this was an old eastern bloc russsia where all you could get were Trabbi's:S

I reckon get what you like and what you can afford and BE HAPPY.

marvis
26th January 2009, 07:47 PM
It's funny how shinobi's argument don't contain any valid points against slydars, where has has mentioned plenty.

I OWNZ A GT APEX COUPE IT IS THE BEST CUS I SAYS SO. NO $500 BASE CAR IZ BETTA THEN MA 15k AE86.

Frak
26th January 2009, 09:43 PM
I guess doesn't matter what vehicle you are into, there is always going to be a difference of opinion.

for instance, I own a Honda RC45, one of 232 built to contes world super bike, it superceded the Honda rc30(they made around 9000). The 45 racked up more victories, more suzuka 8 hr wins, more tt wins than the 30. it was more powerful(185bhp out 750cc in HRC trim, which my bike is :D) and a better all round bike, better road bike, better race bike, but the same debate goes on in the bike forums about which is better.

of course I prefer the rc45, because I have one, and again like this thread no amount of discussion will ever change that. It's amazing how emotionally attached we become to cars/bikes.

I know people that look at both (ke70 and ae86) and think they look sh*t, I also know people that will fight to the death to honor v8's, horses for courses, how about a big ke70/ae86 meet greet kiss and make up run.

If I owned a Porsche GT3 RS, i'd just sit back and laugh my ass off at this thread :)

Vance
26th January 2009, 09:56 PM
argue

corknose
26th January 2009, 10:03 PM
wow didnt mean to make such a fuss:|

Axentrik
26th January 2009, 10:19 PM
ahaha yer mang it happens. just get what car you think looks best they are basically exactly the same.

corknose
26th January 2009, 10:20 PM
yeh i am lol

Axentrik
26th January 2009, 10:48 PM
so what car did you end up getting?

driftke70
26th January 2009, 11:28 PM
He said I build a car for the wrong reasons so that is talking shit about my build. And why defend an idiot that tells someone they cant drive when they haven't even met them? Im no tsuchiya but I can drive pretty well. And it is obvious that the Coupe GT-Apex is the stiffest cos not only does it have the magical parcel shelf but only 2 doors not 4 making the hole smaller dude... the argument is over.

did you not listen to anything

you think a ke doesnt have a parcel shelf?
a coupe having a smaller door? the ke has a smaller door, and a b pillar, that was what slydar was pointing out to you.

seriously not even worth bothering, one guy in the world doesnt like ke's, im not going to lose sleep over it but it looks like you are!

shinobi
26th January 2009, 11:49 PM
driftke70 you are fucking dumb... i didn't say the ke70 doesn't have a fucking parcel shelf, I said that my ae86 notch back does... and are u fucking stupid? four doors collectively make a bigger hole than any two could make, ae86's have a thick ass b pillar too, what the fuck do you think the seatbelts are connected to?? hahahahaha two door cars not having a b pillar!?! gold!

shinobi
27th January 2009, 12:00 AM
It's funny how shinobi's argument don't contain any valid points against slydars, where has has mentioned plenty.

I OWNZ A GT APEX COUPE IT IS THE BEST CUS I SAYS SO. NO $500 BASE CAR IZ BETTA THEN MA 15k AE86.

I would have spent half an hour writing an essay like Slydar if I was a geek, but instead I have a real life and just wrote a small answer coz I got shit to do... I'm not saying I'm a sick cunt because I have a GT-APEX worth 15k, I'm saying I know how to make money buying and selling cars, I have a GT-APEX that now is worth 15k when I only imported and complied it for 6k like 3 years ago.

Clinton
27th January 2009, 12:01 AM
he said 2 door cars dont have a parcel shelf....

not they dont have a pillar...

driftke70
27th January 2009, 12:02 AM
yeah its called a c pillar, so hows the 1987 2 door naturally aspirated kouki toyota ae86 1600 gt apex the stiffest corolla in rwd form,

even if it did and was who gives a crap, whats your issue

skaney
27th January 2009, 12:43 AM
this thread is like elton john bent over with a gaping hole waiting to receive some cock

ie, gay

Frak
27th January 2009, 06:56 AM
this thread is like elton john bent over with a gaping hole waiting to receive some cock

ie, gay

That is REALLY gay!!!

shinobi
27th January 2009, 08:11 AM
Once again my posts were edited/deleted yeah and i meant c pillar, but once again in a rush... the 1987 2 door naturally aspirated kouki toyota ae86 1600 gt apex is doin just fine if your ever in ADL send me a PM and ill take you on a picnic chump..

Otaku
27th January 2009, 09:41 AM
Why do you keep on mentioning your cars a GT-APEX and its worth 15k :S

shinobi
27th January 2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah I like said it twice and before the posts were deleted it was relevent

Clinton
27th January 2009, 10:45 AM
Reppin' the 1987 panda 2 door naturally aspirated kouki toyota ae86 levin 1600 gt-apex...

driftke70
27th January 2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah big reps to the 1983 tan ke70 se 4 door turbo 2000 zenki sedan

shift_rook
27th January 2009, 11:19 AM
god some of you guys are a bunch of cocks, why such a big argument seriously, stick to what the guy was asking..

so yeah what car did you end up gettin???

quadeyquade
27th January 2009, 11:24 AM
internet drama, serious business

NIZLAH
27th January 2009, 11:24 AM
If I owned a Porsche GT3 RS, i'd just sit back and laugh my ass off at this thread :)

Fuck I just did......... lmao, just read through the whole thread and payed' off how stupid and arrogant some clowns on the forums are..
...........quick someone pass me a loaded gun, I want to blow myself awayyyyy.

Axentrik
27th January 2009, 11:42 AM
yer it seems some ae86 owners dont like to admit that the only reason they payed more for their car was because its iconic, so they make up false reasons as to why is better..

on the other hand it seems like all these claims about the magical powers of a GT APEX make e7 drivers insecure and they compare us 86 owners to takumi from initial D.

i have a ke70 and an ae86. and personally i think the ke70s look just as nice as an ae86 with a spirit wing and gilly style lip. and aesthetics is really the only thing that sets these cars apart in drift/track spec. and if its just a street car do you really think that extra bit of rigidity from a parcel shelf matters. commodores serve thousands of people as dailys and they handle like boats.

kaibeecee
27th January 2009, 12:56 PM

you're right, the argument is over, and you've got a big bullet hole in your foot to show for it, thanks to this post.

you need to stop trying to justify what you own as the best, it's irritating to see people not recognize that something might be inferior to whats parked in their garage

it's more than just the amount of doors/b-pillars or whatever, its also taking into account weight to rigidity ratio, in which the ke is better than 86's.

86 is more of a styling statement if anything

shinobi
27th January 2009, 07:14 PM
Reppin' the 1987 panda 2 door naturally aspirated kouki toyota ae86 levin 1600 gt-apex...

Haha.. I just put that as my signature cos i thought it was funny how long my cars descriptive name could be not because I think im awesome, Okay??? and I love my AE86 because of the way that it looks and its performance. I have always loved the 1980's corollas, when I was 17 I owned an AE82 then sold that got a supercharged AE92 levin, then went shotgun in my mates JDM Trueno and from then on I had the AE86 bug. All I was tryna say this whole time is that KETO's if anything can handle the same and in no way better.. And owning a GT-APEX is just common sense because they are generally alot cleaner, have better styling and standard performance upgrades yada yada yada. People dont spend the extra money on them cos they like initial d its just smarter. I paid only 6k for my GT-APEX AE86 3 years ago and it came with nice SSR mesh, Tien coilovers, Bride Brix seat and RSR exhaust and headers amongst other mods. Its just smarter guys!! Ive been into rollas for over six years now and no one would even look twice at a KETO until it was no longer cheap to buy an AE86.. That said I have alot of friends on here that I know personally that own KETO's and they're fine as far as having a little thrasher and could look pretty nice but in no way as nice as an AE86.. If AE86's are so shit then why do you insist on saying they're the same thing. And this whole buy a KETO cos its more rigid than an 86 hatch is silly when you can just spend a couple of hundred on braces or a cage to fix that right up and still have a car that looks slick...

On the subject if you really want an AE86 just save up and get a GT-APEX they're pretty much done as far as these cars go.. The days of a cheap drift set up is over, its cheaper to get a silvia now. This Takumi Tax shit is a myth do you think Volkswagen bettle owners have Herbie tax? Minni owners have Italian Job tax, Mustang owners Gone in 60 second tax. The truth is these cars are classics.. The AE86 is pushing classic status now and will become a true enthusiast owners car soon. Its obvious there are two types of owners of these cars Enthusiasts and Drifters. I would call myself more of an Enthusiast and we will always clash in some ways.

kaibeecee, KETO's may only be more rigid than a Hatch 86 not a sedan buddy..

Anyway I apologise, in future I will only post up shit if I have the time to elaborate properly otherwise you just come off wrong..

Roo.
27th January 2009, 07:32 PM
they both skid so who cares?

shinobi
27th January 2009, 08:21 PM
people who own them for different reasons than skidding..

Otaku
27th January 2009, 08:27 PM
wow, you really take things to heart...
I just ignore all this AE86 vs KETO arguments, let people do what they want I say
"Each to their own" like i've said so many times ;)

biggo
27th January 2009, 09:07 PM
hahahaha funny guys

Id like to make this thread a honable mention for shit fight of the year.

I like KE's if on because having 4 doors that weigh less than the 86's 2 is good for my health :)

corknose
27th January 2009, 09:43 PM
hahaha yeh i ended up getting the keto lol

Axentrik
27th January 2009, 09:52 PM
nice any pics?

Rice86
27th January 2009, 11:23 PM
yes pics plz, i wanna see this badass....

ae86 vs keto = fail

if i start a poll stating

-== i would love to own ==-
1. ae86
2.keto
3.both

regardless of what fact you might take into counter, im sure the whole forum is going to want both of them cars, im sure everyone here would one day want to build up both these cars for personal experince, and love it both and tell the girl friend off for putting her feet on the already cracked dashboard cuz its already so cracked...

for the love of spending money on cars thats already been FU#K ON, pm each other instead of flooding it in this thread...

sorry for my own spam btw, atleast i know when i fu#ked up

Shahzan
28th January 2009, 12:20 AM
is the fight over?
i bought popcorn yesterday to continue watching the fight... lol,,,

driftke70
29th January 2009, 02:28 PM
kaibeecee, KETO's may only be more rigid than a Hatch 86 not a sedan buddy..

it's more than just the amount of doors/b-pillars or whatever, its also taking into account weight to rigidity ratio, in which the ke is better than 86's.

just be quiet dude

kaibeecee
29th January 2009, 02:58 PM
i thought you meant me for a second there. hah

and he should have knew that i was referring to coupe.

either way, thus concludes my involvement in this storm

Driftspec
29th January 2009, 04:45 PM
The argument is completely off-topic, and ends here. We all have our opinions, and I don't to see people being put down and being told they are idiots for thinking what they think, or doing what they want to do.

I love my 86, it drives exceptionally well for what I want it to do. But I also know plenty of *E7*'s that handle and drift better then mine does.

Closed, and don't try that again.