PDA

View Full Version : SA- Defect info.

michaeltay31
2nd January 2010, 07:02 PM
just got defected!! to low and to wide

have been done previously for same mods. plus extra 4 months ago...

cop said to me if i were to mod again after getting off defect they can un register my car...is this true???

slide86
2nd January 2010, 07:44 PM
no, i know some one thats been done 4 times for the same thing......on a late model expensive car.....they just keep clearing the defect when it goes back to stock

just put it back to stock and go to regency you will be fine

michaeltay31
2nd January 2010, 07:48 PM
yeah i got all stock parts will be stock 2moro...yeah he rekons if u continiously mod and get pulled up they can un rego ur car and make it un roadworthy...will have to ask regency copper.

Evocom
2nd January 2010, 10:30 PM
I have a mate that had a r33 that he kept dropping on its guts and got 3 defects over a period of time for being to low and he eventually sold it as he was told something along those lines and didn't like the car at stock height. possible that he was bullshytd but he seems to think it was legit. ask the regency guys to get a definate answer as the cops dont always know what they can and cant do. I have found the regency guy that comes up to the barrossa to be more than reasonable. Best of luck with it.

michaeltay31
3rd January 2010, 05:16 PM
ok cheers..have heard it from a few people def wil ask. no way wanna drive it stock after what was on b4 defect it will never be the same. and dont wanna risk it.

Micknofx
7th January 2010, 07:30 PM
Fuck I hate this kind of stuff in SA, even if you ask the guys at regency they could just rattle off a wrong answer. It's all too ambiguous in the favour of the police.

Touge Boy
7th January 2010, 07:51 PM
De register it? Sounds like scare tactics

Unfortunately it's not.:cries:

I know of a couple of cars that have been blacklisted by TSA for being defected too many times, and not able to registered in this state again.

One of them was that pink Lexus "DEFCTME" Go figure. I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen the letter from TSA with my own eyes.

timmeh12
7th January 2010, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately it's not.:cries:

I know of a couple of cars that have been blacklisted by TSA for being defected too many times, and not able to registered in this state again.

One of them was that pink Lexus "DEFCTME" Go figure. I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen the letter from TSA with my own eyes.

I still do not understand why people have number plates like that. I saw a VL the other day with the plates "copbait".

Touge Boy
7th January 2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I saw the lexus at a show somewhere, and he had the letter stuck to the front window.

Like, REALLY something to be proud of mate.:right:

timmeh12
7th January 2010, 08:18 PM
guy sounds like a massive wanker

Javal
9th January 2010, 06:33 PM
yea the paver on some job i worked at had a wrx stock height with trust and greddy stickers all over it and some bob jane special rims with the no. plate 'PIGRB8' (piggerbait)

he told me how in a car like his he just has to weave traffic and get away, i just nodded and smiled.

I wish i carried around a big spikey fuck-off mace for people like this.

ke_70
9th January 2010, 08:58 PM
who thinks ill get through with powersteering arms and xt130 lcas?
i know itll defendantly rub on full lock (i have a lock spacer as well).
im pretty sure he wont mind about the camber increase if he notices.

i also rang up and asked if my adj. rear swaybar and ajps panhard would get through. he said no worrys but id like a second opinion because he did hesitate or ask any questions about it
just dont wanna get caught out like my brother and fail when the guy on the phone said it would help

cheers

skizzamods
9th January 2010, 10:32 PM
im off there soon
finally ill be able to drive my car for the first time!

ke_70
9th January 2010, 10:37 PM
its only been 2 weeks since i was there last damn barossa

skizzamods
9th January 2010, 11:54 PM
well thats shit
its taken me aaaages to get mine ready, even though there was so little to be done

ke_70
10th January 2010, 01:45 AM
lucky mines a peice of piss to get through 3 major defects >6 months
mabey i shold raise it?

Hazzard
14th January 2010, 01:47 PM
pink and lexus was enough for me

lol.... fair call...

chrisjjanfd3s
22nd January 2010, 05:09 PM
why wouldn't you just get an engineers cert for the mods you've done?

ke_70
23rd January 2010, 12:01 AM
no point in sa cheaper going through regancy 10 times