PDA

View Full Version : ae86 headlight switch

sprinter666
10th January 2010, 11:21 PM
headlights not working and tapping th switch isnt working anymore, problem must be the bash switch as when didnt work u tap the switch a little and work, so i need to know what headlight switches are compatible with an ae86, need to go to the wreckers n replace it, or if anyone has one or can fix mine and uve done it before let me know :)

cheers, joe.

Jonny Rochester
10th January 2010, 11:40 PM
From memory a Ford Falcon switch is the same. I could be wrong.

sprinter666
11th January 2010, 08:31 AM
aye i was told that but which model is the dilema :(

redsprinter
11th January 2010, 08:37 AM
if your game i have been told that if you open up the switch and replace all the soldering with fresh stuff it helps.

ive pulled mine apart, was easy but never got to do the solders .

Hen may possibly be a nut
11th January 2010, 09:59 PM
Resolder the connections on your switch. It'll fix it.

I wrote a how-to on Toymods in 2005 or something, search for it. Or there might be one in the tech articles here. It's a common problem.

Hen

sprinter666
11th January 2010, 11:00 PM
cheers hen ill have a hunt for it :)

cbjaust
14th January 2010, 07:15 AM
I had the same problem with my original switch so I somehow found another one and it was better but still not 100%. Anyway, I did some work to original switch (the contact circuit board is cracked) and it was still dodgy but a bit of pressure pushing down on the connector made it work, so a couple of zip ties pulling the plug hard onto the switch and my headlights are finally working properly.

So I have a spare switch that will probably respond to the zip tie treatment if you want it. Cost me $55 you can come and get it for $50. PM me if you need.