PDA

View Full Version : 4age waterpump pulleys - Bolt Spacing

LittleRedSpirit
22nd January 2010, 01:35 AM
Hi guys, just hoping someone can help me with a boggle Im facing right now. I have a new waterpump on my 20 valve that I scored from the one and only Nizlah a few months back.

The wierd thing is the bolt spacing is only 50mm to attach the pulley. As in, each stud/bolt hole is 50mm from its opposite hole. The 20v has about a 57mm spacing between the holes, which means sadly that I cannot use my T3 underdrive pulley on this motor anymore. i can deal with that If I can find the right pulley I guess. I have measured a waterpump pulley off a Bigport GZE I Have lying around and its the same fitment as the 20v, at 57mm.

So Im really curious to see if there is any difference in a smallport pulley, or a regular bigport one. Can someone measure their and tell me what they find?

Pretty please?

:girl:

Sam-Q
22nd January 2010, 07:25 AM
I have a pile of water pumps around, I will have a measure for you

xero
22nd January 2010, 08:18 AM
there shouldnt be any bolt sizing difference between any of the 4a water pumps being FWD or RWD and they are all interchangeable (ie FWD water pump on RWD engine)

could it be that your pump is from a 7afe or camry?

Anthony
22nd January 2010, 08:36 AM
all 4ag(z)es including 20V have the larger spacing. some 4afe's have a smaller pcd on the waterpump.

LittleRedSpirit
22nd January 2010, 09:51 AM
Looks like Im off to the wreckers again today.

Bummer. Wish i worked this out earlier before I fitted it. Oh well. Shit happens.:wub:

I just want to get it together and drive the darn thing.

NIZLAH
23rd January 2010, 09:31 PM
Hey dude.. just reading through this here and on rolla club......... that's fuckin dodge man, I fully forgot about that pump I sold you ages ago.. (fuck must have been over a year now) {or was it one of the used pumps in that assortment you grabbed of me a while back?}
I feel bad, although I had no idea it was a diff pump as it came with my 20v as you know and I was told it was a 20v pump... What a pain in the backside.. If I can help at all let me know..

Niz

LittleRedSpirit
23rd January 2010, 11:28 PM
Heey no worries, Niz.

Dont lose any sleep over it, Im just gonna get someone to bore 4 more holes in the underdrive pulley, myabe use a 4afe one till I can be fucked doing that.

Its a good quality pump, its just some parts interpreter picked the wrong one up I guess.

:sunnies:

NIZLAH
24th January 2010, 06:28 PM
yeah no worries dude..... as you know.. I think? Im running an SR20 under-drive pulley on my 20v (re drilled to suit) [thanks D for that tip] so wont be any issues doing such a procedure on yours {apart from cosmetic of course}