PDA

View Full Version : Dash Lights GONE!

Richard
25th January 2010, 11:44 AM
Havnt checked just yet but got in the car this morning turned my key and my "Lights" light turned on. dash lights dont work but headlights work and clock etc.

Is there a seperate fuse or anything i should look for and where is it?

I thought id ask before i bother to go in and have a closer look

Robo86
25th January 2010, 11:51 AM
if its ae86 its a fuse in the panel near the accelerator pedal.

Richard
25th January 2010, 11:54 AM
4got to mention JDM AE86

cbjaust
25th January 2010, 12:29 PM
had the same problem with non-working dash lights in my ae86 and it turned out to be a broken trace on the flexible circuit board on the back of the cluster.

Fixed it with a rear window defogger repair kit.

Richard
25th January 2010, 12:35 PM
the tacho and speedo i cant read. every other stupid light works

cbjaust
25th January 2010, 12:38 PM
the tacho and speedo i cant read. every other stupid light works

well it could just be a couple of bulbs... either way you have to take it out to find out for sure - you'll need a 17mm socket, preferably a longish one to get the plastic nuts off the headlight and wiper switches.

Richard
25th January 2010, 12:52 PM
ive had a similar problem before but the "Lights" light didnt show up. looks like i got some boring shit to do 2mw

H8CHIR6KU
25th January 2010, 01:05 PM
this happened in mine. hit the dash and they came back on

Richard
25th January 2010, 01:14 PM
yeh tried that all morning it usually works also but i think its time

Matt-AE86
25th January 2010, 05:26 PM
It's not a fuse problem. Its an issue with the dimmer. they are old copper sliding type. Pull the interior off that holds the headlight switch. There is 2 wires going from the dimmer to the switch body itself. cross these 2 together and test it. Let us know if this fixes the issue. If it does, put it back together. No need for a dimmer.

Richard
27th January 2010, 06:50 AM
All fixed now, i just pulled a few fuses out and checked them...nothing happened. Bash the dash with me wrath...nothing happened. Drove down the road for training then on my way home they turned on.

Javal
27th January 2010, 07:29 PM
All fixed now, i just pulled a few fuses out and checked them...nothing happened. Bash the dash with me wrath...nothing happened. Drove down the road for training then on my way home they turned on.

Clearly this issue is thoroughly rectified and will never occur again.

Do what Matt-AE86 said and report back when it starts happening again champ.

Richard
28th January 2010, 07:21 AM
yeh its working fine now but as soon as it happens again ill do cross the wires and fucke the dimmer off

lo_rolla
28th January 2010, 11:48 AM
Happened in my trueno all the time.