PDA

View Full Version : door cards

ke_70
25th January 2010, 05:33 PM
easy "no template needed" question

what are the steps taken to get the door cards off and on nice and tight?
and also swap the windows over?

i could probley work it out but id just like to know how before hand so i dont screw anything up. as i want this to go smooth like. second question not really needed much. its just there for future reference if someone else needs to know.

cheers

corknose
25th January 2010, 05:41 PM
to get the winders off get rag and side it between the door car and pop it out and then its just a few screws and it lifts straight up.

Dylan
25th January 2010, 05:49 PM
Take care when releasing the clips on the door trim, if you pull on them like a modern car it can easily tear the thin board there attached to. Use a screwdriver or trim release tool to get behind the trim. There will be 2 bolts on the slider that attaches to the glass. You may have to remove the front lower frame in the door to allow the glass to slide out

15LIDE
28th January 2010, 09:24 PM
undo the screws that are in the door card usually behind the arm rest, undo the clip on the back of the window winder, take window winder off then take it off becareful about the clips they do tend to break, then juz pull off over the top of the lock easy done,
n yes as dylan said about the front lower frame, i had to do this a few weeks ago window came out of rubber, make sure u get the rubber back on the bottom of the window nice n tight, n if u do use some form of lube to get the rubber back on let it dry overnight