PDA

View Full Version : Caliper mount bracket/dust backing plate - Torque specs - AE86 or simular

maxhag
19th February 2010, 12:20 PM
Hey guys,

Iam just in the process of installing a brake kit (Hopper Stopper) in my AE86.

But I am having trouble finding the bolt torque specs for the bracket that mounts around the stub axle, AKA bracket that the calipers mount to AKA dust backing plate (4 bolts (7T's)).

I have the Manual for the AE86 and a few other corolla and crown manuals too, but nowhere does it have the torque specs for these actual bolts. I have done a net search and found nothing.

I Have done one side or the car and torqued them up to the same recomended torque that the actual caliper mounts to the bracket in question, which is 58 ft-lbs. But I thought i'd better check this before going further, incase it's not sufficient.

If someone has these bolt torque specs or can give me some idea of how tight they should be, that would be great.

Thanks,

JoJo

sundee
19th February 2010, 12:24 PM
I wouldnt worry, same as the caliper bolts should be fine.

s14seriesII
19th February 2010, 12:41 PM
say around 30 to 40nm.. without checking,
i just do them up tight enough so they wont come loose..

hachi_dk
19th February 2010, 01:20 PM
what i did, i used two of the original size bolts and two that are longer by about 15mm.
then i just placed a nut on the end of each longer bolt just as an extra precaution.

also used medium strength lock-tite on each bolt and nut.

i think using 4 standard bolts with lock-tite is enough but its up to the individual i guess.

s14seriesII
19th February 2010, 01:30 PM
i always assemble every thread with moly' grease ensures correct torque tension is achieved so the bolt wont come loose..

also makes things quick and easy to work on when replacing stuff at the track and ensures threads/bolts stay in good condition

not many things on a toyota that has thread locker on from factory.. only holden and ford do that