PDA

View Full Version : BNE: Bolt-On Style Flares & Fibreglass Skinned Dash (suit '86)

PuGZoR
20th February 2010, 02:55 PM
Hey Boys and Girls,

Two things ya'll might be interested in.

Firstly, a couple of fibreglass bolt-on style flares to suit an AE86. No real need for them, but being a fan of the SLR5000 Torana I couldn't pass them up when I heard about them. Unfortunately I need dosh at the moment and I don't have the need for them in the foreseeable future. They're a bit rough (need cutting and finishing before fitting) but are unpainted and still in their gel coat. Got them from Anthony in Oxley/Darra who does some CRAZY custom fibreglassing.

Looking for $150 for the set.

Also have a fibreglass skinned dash. Basically using the original dash structure, you rip the foam and vinyl off, then apply copious amounts of adhesive, and clamp the fibreglass skin on until it's bonded. Also sourced it off Anthony as mentioned above. Real testament to his ability. Needs some minor fixing still and would probably be good painted in something not yellow lol. Excellent solution if you don't want a cracked dash ever. Might not be legal though... (think dashs' need padding according to ADRs?)

Looking for another dash (cracks okay but will need pics) and some money my way. Thinking around $100 exchange depending on the condition of the exchange dash.

Both items are bayside in Brisbane, Thornlands to be exact. Can meet half way if you live a bit of a hike though. :)

Reply here, PM, email to pugzor(at)gmail(dot)com, or talk to a midget with a purple scarf on the rooftop in a pub in Sydney on the first Tuesday of the new Aztec year.

.ady
20th February 2010, 04:13 PM
how many mms are the bolt on guards

PuGZoR
20th February 2010, 04:43 PM
Absolutely positively no idea. Look to be 30-40mm? Not willing to put a figure on it other than that. TBPH I haven't even put these up to the car, don't know where exactly they'd attach or anything. Presuming that they go on the lil vertical bit on the guards, so anyone who's already flared theirs might have some issues with fitting them.

But I have no idea. :) I reckon anyone who's been looking for a set of these will know exactly what these are, haha, because I sure as hell don't.

Danny t
20th February 2010, 04:50 PM
I got a fibre glass dash,

been pulled over heaps with it in and never had a problem.

That said i have a dash thats been retrimed if you want to buy it.

Marco
21st February 2010, 03:42 AM
man, thats a mint dashskin the one ant gave me was all munted:P they look alot like ant's 35 mm flares can't be too sure, but if anybody wants fitment pics i can dig through the collection and find his pics off his old sprinter. or you can just go to www.aeroimagegarage.com and find the pics on there.

gl with the sale.

PuGZoR
22nd February 2010, 06:58 PM
man, thats a mint dashskin the one ant gave me was all munted:P they look alot like ant's 35 mm flares can't be too sure, but if anybody wants fitment pics i can dig through the collection and find his pics off his old sprinter. or you can just go to www.aeroimagegarage.com and find the pics on there.

gl with the sale.
Hah, I got in early I think and got the pick of the litter. Mind you, I also did a little bit of work to it too when I got it, trimmed it a little bit and did some bog work. Looks really good actually, wouldn't be getting rid of it if I didn't need the cashola.