PDA

View Full Version : ae86 air conditioning

evil86
23rd February 2010, 05:49 PM
Car - ae86

motor - 4age

use - daily

problem - i've got jap 4age with engine loom and cabin loom. its the climate control version. heater box and a/c box is adm and i put all the jdm a/c modules on the adm stuff. i tried turning heater n a/c on but nothing comes out of the ait vents.a/c pump currently not connected but i think it should still work. any ideas guys. Or do i need the jap heaterbox and a/c box?

occurs/started when -

personal situation -

Rice86
23rd February 2010, 06:13 PM
thats the same shit as mine, all plugs connected, JDM loom using ADM heater/AC box cause its a ADM sprinter...thing doesnt blow out any air when turnned on, hmmm

evil86
24th February 2010, 07:44 AM
^^ thats what i fought

Nikkojoe
24th February 2010, 12:29 PM
Have you also got the climate control heater tap?

Anyway, you probably need a jdm climate control fan box, heater box and a/c box should be the same. However the fan box may be the same, and it could just be a difference in the wiring looms, although ive never tried it/looked at it and probably never will bother unless i have a factory setup in front of me.

Rice86
24th February 2010, 12:47 PM
for mine the jdm loom connected all well with the standard ADM air boxes..including the aircon box..if there is one?...but my car originally has aircon and all the air boxes things are still original and JDM loom all connects...lol...im not fussed about having air or not, only want air to work for the windscreen as that is important to keep fog off

Nikkojoe
24th February 2010, 12:52 PM
Have you checked that the fan box plug has pins in the same spot as your new loom plug? This is the point im trying to make :)

evil86
24th February 2010, 08:08 PM
everything is in the car already. i've got everythign from a jap 86 and took everything i needed from it. im sensing that i need a jap fanbox as non climate control one might not get the digital reading ect ect

Nikkojoe
25th February 2010, 02:40 AM
I dont think you understand what im saying :) The plug on the fan box may have different pin outs to your jdm climate control loom. It may plug in, but the wires probably dont go on the right pins. It could be as simple as changing a few wires around for it to work.

evil86
25th February 2010, 07:33 AM
yep sorry for the misunderstanding nikko. also where the fanbox is there a few plugs that arent used. that normal?

Jonny Rochester
25th February 2010, 09:02 AM
You need the full wiring diagram. I have it as the back pages of the AE86 book (the one everyone on here should have), but it has been scaned and on the net somewhere.