PDA

View Full Version : What seat rail can I use to bolt in a bride fixed back into my ke70?

anastasios
11th March 2010, 07:53 PM
Car - KE70

problem - Ok so I am planning on buying a Bride fixed back, and was thinking about rail solutions. Does the AE86 Bride rail bolt to the KE70 holes? Does anyone have first hand experience on this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

shift_rook
11th March 2010, 07:55 PM
no one of the mounts don't line up, from what i've heard it's not to far off though so not a whole heap of modification is needed

anastasios
11th March 2010, 07:57 PM
Ok thanks for the reply, is the modification include welding or just redrilling a hole a bit over?

shift_rook
11th March 2010, 08:21 PM
buy rail and check, you may have to weld though i'll leave this answer for someone else, if you have any trouble finding rail aaron at shakotan garage can always help out, with the actual seat too if you choose to

ke70dave
11th March 2010, 09:02 PM
is it a bottom mount of side mount seat?

if its a bottom mount it is VERY easy to hack up a ke70 seat and bolt the standard rails to the seat. i did this with my recaro seat, works a treat.

side mount may be more painful, and i think it might be better off getting a proper rail (the cheapest you can find off any car i guess) and then weld on new tabs. least then you will already have rail/slidy part attached to the seat, just need to fit it to the car.

anastasios
11th March 2010, 09:41 PM
im not interested in doing it the cheap and nasty way, and i want to know before i buy the rail, i have an 86 seat in my 70 atm so i dont understand how a bride rail wont fit?

ke70dave
11th March 2010, 09:51 PM
who said mine was the cheap and nasty way? they dont make ke70 seat rails so there isnt much choice.

i heard a rumour that there is a difference between late model and early model ke70s in terms of the floor pans, some of them are like ae86's and some arent. no idea which is which.

i just remmeber my mate had an 86 and needed a passenger seat, and we tried 2 ke70 passenger seats, one fit, one didnt. so read into that what you will....

find someone with a proper bride 86 rail and try it? though if you know for sure that what you have is an un modified 86 seat, then there really is no question? or have i missed something.

Touge Boy
11th March 2010, 10:06 PM
I put a fixed back into a mates AE71 wagon... had to cut and re-weld 2 tabs. Used a genuine bride AE86 rail.

But a 86 rail, and then you'll see where the tabs have to go. Just cut them off, clean them up, re-weld them on, repaint it.

Andy San
12th March 2010, 10:29 AM
I have an 86 rail if you need it

Moebius
12th March 2010, 11:36 AM
I just put a bride with 86 rails into my 71. The front left bracket completely misses the hole in the floor, so you need to weld your own bracket onto the rail, or drill your own hole in the floor if that's your thing. The other 3 brackets fit perfectly.

I also noticed that the bride seat itself was a much tighter fit than 71 seat, and it fouls a little on the inner seat belt stalk.