PDA

View Full Version : 4age jdm loom

redsprinter
25th January 2009, 07:50 AM
hi guys .

just got a jdm loom off a mates wreck ... i didn't take it out myself but his mechanic did. the car is long gone and i really dont have a reference to go off .

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/8/4586.jpg

2 of the plugs for the ecu fits as you can see but im missing one ...does anybody know where this last plug for the ecu would be found ? i thought it would of been on the loom ..

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/8/4587.jpg

and also the 2 sperate remaining plug dont fit what are these for ???
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/8/4588.jpg

what can i do for the last plug ?

44GTE
25th January 2009, 09:19 AM
Hi

The plug that is missing is on the actual car loom which is located in the LHS kick pannel

Cheers

rallystanza
25th January 2009, 09:23 AM
Is there any evidence of that plug actually being there?

I know that with my BT 20Valve loom ive been putting into my AE86 that the last plug on that is all diagnostics stuff, constant 12V and IG 12V for ECU.

Given the location of the ECU mounting in an AE86 and the close proximity to the ECU of the other 2 plugs, they may plug into your passenger side (LHS) kick panel plug location.

Nikkojoe
25th January 2009, 12:34 PM
What 44GTE said. The other 2 plugs are for:

White plug (only on kouki looms - zenki have this on the firewall like adms)
Reverse Lights (red wires)
Starter (black/white)
Ignition power for coil etc (black orange)
Oil Pressure (yellow/black)
Temp (yellow/green)
Tacho (black brown dots)

Yellow Plug:
Wiper and washer motor wires (all the blue wires)
EFI Main Wire (black/red, comes from the engine bay fuse box area - should be a 2pin black molex connector near the coil with the black/red wire) - This gives power to ECU, Fuel COR, Fuel pump.
Other wires are just for diagnostic i think (brown an earth).

3s-86
25th January 2009, 11:04 PM
No mate
those 2 left over plugs go in the kick panel area for heater fan control
& instrument gauge sensors etc!

If you car doesn't have the plugs in the kick panel area then you will have
to trace them thru the loom.

Nikkojoe
26th January 2009, 10:16 PM
No heater fan control in those plugs, only what i mentioned above.

If its an adm, it definately wont have those plugs in the kick panel.

redsprinter
27th January 2009, 11:47 AM
had a qiuck look last night .. and the problem is not as easy as i first thought it would be ...

i bought the car with a miroctech in it. tuned for the motor it currently has
(4agte) . long story short i now cant drive turbo cars ... until im on my fulls. so i thought it would be a eay plug and play ... take all the turbo gear off and swap over the mircotech loom with the standard loom ....

so far i have gotton up to the stages in the picture .. it looks like im going to have to find a wrecked sprinter and gut out the body loom ...

anybody have a body loom or wrecking a sprinter ????

slydar
27th January 2009, 11:58 AM
if you wanna do it that way you would need a kouki jdm ae86 dash loom. zenki wont work, its no compatible, to the point of which it will actually cause a short and possibly catch on fire :)

but. adding the 14 pin plug is fairly easy, if you can do it yourself it wont be too had to find someone who can, and should only cost you $300/$400. the plug itself is common, you can get it from toyotas ae82 twin cam, any efi ae9x series corolla, might be grey but still plugs in and works, camrys ect ect.

from the same car, grab a circuit open relay, and thats all you need... plus some one to wire it.

Nikkojoe
27th January 2009, 12:31 PM
If you can't find a Circuit Opening Relay (COR), 2 relays can be used.

Slydar - What part of the loom would short. You talking about the 3rd ecu plug? I know there are some extra pins on the kouki loom, but I can't see anywhere else that would be a problem.

redsprinter
27th January 2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/ECU%20Japan%20AE86%204A-GE.htm

found this while googling ... its not good but a start, so i figured the last plug into the ecu is 14 Pin Socket

slydar
27th January 2009, 01:03 PM
If you can't find a Circuit Opening Relay (COR), 2 relays can be used.

Slydar - What part of the loom would short. You talking about the 3rd ecu plug? I know there are some extra pins on the kouki loom, but I can't see anywhere else that would be a problem.

ahh my bad. its mixing zenki and kouki dash and headlight looms.. thats where the problem is.

which i guess does still mean he'll still have the problem.

Nikkojoe
27th January 2009, 01:30 PM
Never really noticed to an extent. That said, I would just pull the engine loom appart slightly and make it suit the zenki setup.

Redsprinter- yeah it is the 14pin plug your missing. There are only 3-4wires you need to hook up for it to work (3 if you dont include the COR), 2 of which are triggered on ignition, and 1 constant battery.

redsprinter
27th January 2009, 03:46 PM
thanks everyone . appreaicte the help and guidence . googling more i have found this

a COR - http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Circuit_Opening_Relay_Wiring

another link - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18471

so now refering back to the pin out table, i have this to figure out :

6) Batt Red/White Stop fuse (permanent power) ? Computer memory?
sounds easy enough right .. goes straight to the battery .. i assume i need a fuse aswell so i dont kill my ecu.. what fuse would i use ?

7) +B1 Black(Purple?) /Red EFI main relay output? 'Run' power to ECU?
14) +B Black(Purple?) /Red? EFI main relay output? 'Run' power to ECU?

these two wire i dont have any idea, everyone who has given me advice has been great so i dont expect you guys to keep spoon feeding me.. but i can always try right ??:jdmsmile:

Nikkojoe
27th January 2009, 11:10 PM
7) +B1 Black(Purple?) /Red EFI main relay output? 'Run' power to ECU?
14) +B Black(Purple?) /Red? EFI main relay output? 'Run' power to ECU?

these two wire i dont have any idea, everyone who has given me advice has been great so i dont expect you guys to keep spoon feeding me.. but i can always try right ??:jdmsmile:

Yellow Plug:
Wiper and washer motor wires (all the blue wires)
EFI Main Wire (black/red, comes from the engine bay fuse box area - should be a 2pin black molex connector near the coil with the black/red wire) - This gives power to ECU, Fuel COR, Fuel pump.
Other wires are just for diagnostic i think (brown an earth).

As said above, the yellow plug connects to a socket mounted to the fuse/relay section in the passenger kick panel (orange rectangle thing). This is where the body loom gives power to the ecu. The black red wire starts at a 2 pin molex plug (may have a yellow wire next to it - for injectors) near the engine bay fuse box/coil and runs all the way to the interior where it will eventually connect with the body loom to power the ecu. This means that you should join both the black/red ecu wires together and connect them to this black/red wire on the yellow plug. You will still need to give this wire 12V ignition switched power at the engine bay side in order for it to work (ie a relay for 12v ignition).

The yellow injector wire on that 2pin plug in the engine bay (if its there, which it should be) will need 12V switched on ignition aswell so run an extra wire off the relay for that. One other thing that will need power is the black/orange coil wire, which is found on your 2nd extra (white) engine loom plug. This will need 12V on ignition, although you should be able to get the original 4ac coil wire (also black orange) from the drivers side fuse panel/engine bay wiring loom plug). This by defualt gives 12v on igntion.

As for your battery wire, 5-7.5amp fuse would do (doesn't draw much current at all, just there to keep ecu memory). Instead of running a wire from the battery to interior, the passenger side fuse/relay panel will have the actual factory 12V battery wire already there. Its a pretty thick/solid white wire, usually at the top of the fuse panel (just use a multimeter to check though). Just tap a wire off that to the ecu and you're set.

Good luck :)