PDA

View Full Version : t-series diff in sr20 86?

trueno_coupe
8th April 2010, 01:57 AM
Car - ae86 trueno coupe 86

motor - 4age bigport

use -daily/drift

problem - diff strength?

Hi all, i am planning an sr20det build in my 86 starting around august. I am just thinking about the diff options at the moment. I have a big axle disk brake rear end at the moment and i just fitted a trd 2 way in it. Could i just get billet axles and a 4.77 cw and p or should i just sell it and get a tarago diff with an altezza lsd? thanks

Todd
8th April 2010, 03:24 AM
T series simply will not hold up sorry. not only the axles, but the crown wheel will eat a dick.
sell it, and use the 1000 bucks to source a F series and altezza setup.

Sam-Q
8th April 2010, 10:24 PM
R31 conversions are quite easy to do too, I am on my fourth now and I am far from being the most tallented guy

trueno_coupe
9th April 2010, 01:27 AM
thanks for the replies, yeah i was thinking the same thing, just wanted to make sure. so what is involved in a r31 conversion? same as tarago? If this has been covered in another thread, just point me there, thanks

Todd
9th April 2010, 02:03 AM
r31 is a good option also as sam pointed out.
essentially it's the same as doing a tarago swap, whereby cutting/moving the trailing arm mounts, cutting and moving the spring seats and getting a custom tailshaft made up will give you a strong enough rear end.
any capable diff shop would be able to do the conversion for you but i doubt you would see much change from 1k. best option is to DIY or phone a friend who is handy with that type of stuff.

Sam-Q
9th April 2010, 08:08 AM
thanks for the replies, yeah i was thinking the same thing, just wanted to make sure. so what is involved in a r31 conversion? same as tarago? If this has been covered in another thread, just point me there, thanks

got a toymods account? otherwise I should make an article about it, I havent been very motivated to write articles for a while now because of the lack of interest I have received

trueno_coupe
11th April 2010, 09:06 PM
ok thanks. No i dont have a toymods account. is there any quality aftermarket lsd's for r31 diffs? Also is a r31 diff any wider than a tarago diff, thanks

Sam-Q
11th April 2010, 09:12 PM
got any spec on how wide a tarago diff is, I will post some converison info here when I get some time

ke_70
11th April 2010, 09:54 PM
MX13 Cessida - 3.9 - 1410mm (Same as T series/S series/KE70 BW)

Tarago YR22 - 4.1 and 4.3 - 1435mm
Uses a G series (Hilux) diff nose tailshaft bolt pattern (60x60mm) All other F series is 55x55mm)

there ya go sam
curticey of konakid

Sam-Q
12th April 2010, 12:13 AM
cool, and although I dont like being spoonfed usually how are the LSD options on these

ke_70
12th April 2010, 12:25 AM
theres an f series discussion thread hiding in the article section. has a fair bit of info there if you'd like to feed your self lol.