View Full Version : how do i make a 3tg?

stx-16
11th April 2010, 07:21 PM
ok i know i need a 3tc and 2tg i have both now what do i need? and want do i need to dowith them parts?
does anyone know how much power it will put out ?

Sam-Q
11th April 2010, 07:25 PM
it will put out about the same power as a mild 20v before mods. Have a search on toymods theres heaps of info on it there

stx-16
11th April 2010, 07:34 PM
oh wow i didnt think it would put out that much thanks ill have a look on toymods

anyone got anymore info for me ...frank maby?

Sam-Q
11th April 2010, 08:31 PM
ok let me clarify, ported head, twin side drafts, high compression with custom pistons and cams or something like that would get you close but it's significantly rougher. Words from people who have upgraded from the T engines to a 20V

Jonny Rochester
12th April 2010, 08:25 PM
I had a 3T-G with custom pistons and big cams and stock sidedrafts. And I have a mild 20v. They are both the same power.

For a 70's Toyota or TE series corolla, go with the 3T-G.
For a 80's - 90's Toyota go with a 4A-GE.

Pull both the 2T-G and 3T engines down to every last nut and bolt and memorize how they go together and work. That's a good start.

Use the 3T or late 2T-GEU block, without the camshaft, and spin the cam bearings around that are not used by the dummy cam.
Use the 3T crank.
Use any rods, they are all the same.
Take the 3T pistons and 1 2T-G piston to a machine shop. Get them the machined the 3T piston tops on the exhaust side to mimic the 2T-G piston.
Get your lightest flywheel, and get the machine shop to lighten it down to about 6.5kg, or about 12mm thick.