PDA

View Full Version : shift light wiring on 4agze loom

reecegze
15th April 2010, 10:58 PM
hey people , Where do you take the signal from a on a 4agze loom/setup. Tacho is out by 1000pm with tacho modifcation according to aftermarket ecu. Do i just take the neg - on one side of the 1x coil pack or do i take it from the ems stinger output.

reecegze
17th April 2010, 10:30 AM
anyone got some insight on the best way to do this , not wonting to fock the ecu loom

ke70dave
17th April 2010, 10:38 AM
id say use the ems stinger output?

what is the form of the output that ems gives? positive pulse or negative or what?

you want a negative pulse for tacho.

reecegze
17th April 2010, 10:46 AM
yer reason for wanting to no where to take the -neg signal on the 4agze setup. Do Is i take it at the coil packs or cas or ignitor. Thats all i needa no.

Skylar
17th April 2010, 03:59 PM
I was going to help earlier but I don't even understand the question you're asking. I was hoping you'd post more information about what you're trying to do before I did try to help but you haven't.

Are you trying to drive the stock tach. or some aftermarket thing w/ a shift light like the thread title suggests? If so, which one?

reecegze
17th April 2010, 04:53 PM
He mate it's an aftermarket shift ligh with ditgital rpm display so it's a/m. I just need no where to take the signal wire from the 4agze dli/cas version. So I can accurately shift before 8200 cheers

ke70dave
17th April 2010, 05:01 PM
you still confuse me...

so is the car running? with an EMS aftermarket ecu?

if so why not just use the output on the EMS to run your funky tacho?

Skylar
17th April 2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, run the tach. output from EMS to tachometric thing. If it doesn't have one I'm sure you can make a spare output into a tach. out.

Adsport
26th April 2010, 02:02 PM
You will need to use or configure an output from your EMS comnputer to drive the tacho. Having an aftermarket ECU you wont have a standard DLI igniter (because they are smart igniters and aftermarket ECU's cant control them) so trying to do it off standard wiring won't help your case.